Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first pop video: Soldiers Song

Article about: Fabulous Nick

Default My first pop video: Soldiers Song

Hi Guys, well not actually me as such. I cannot play a single note!

But a few weeks ago I was contacted to be technical advisor for a music video shoot. The band, Julian Tomas & Friends play smooth jazz and are fairly local to me.

The band play a lot of gigs in the Ukraine, so the song was decided to have a WW2 (Great Patriotic War) theme.

I provided all of the Soviet kit and weapons from my collection. Lead singer Julian wears my uniform.

The German group were my good friends from GD Reccon.

The filming with "GD" took place over a Saturday night stating at 5.30pm and ending at 3.30am! I was there for the filming on the Monday and this took from 9.30am and we did not pack up untill 10pm. So you can see how long this kind of thing takes.

I am really happy with the finished results: the guys looked nice and dirty and dusty.

Soldiers Song - YouTube

Listen to the words of the song.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default Re: My first pop video: Soldiers Song

So its here! I remember you mentioning this. Will go listen now.....

?

Excellent. Im big on lyrics.
    Gaunt singer with Stoli and the Order of the Red Star to boot.
    Good effect that the GrossDeutschland soldiers got out of that dud mortar grenade!
    At the beginning, where the soldier with Mosin-Nagant and mounted Bayonet was entering the hut, I assume the abrupt cut was made due the band member being yanked back by the bayonet hanging up on the door frame?
    I did not care for the continuity at all, I remember thinking watching the video for the first time. Not keen on them just shaking off the effect of the explosion.
    So as not to divulge any spoilers, it will suffice to say, that all is revealed in the end.
    Ade; top notch. Excellent.

Wow, it looks really professional mate, the quality of a Hollywood movie! You should have asked for a part in the clip Ade, it could have launched a whole new carreer for you.

There was a final scene, which did not make it, where Martin, the German soldier who goes into the bar, should have crushed the guitar under foot. Now, Martin, won't mind me saying, he is a big lad. You would think the instrument would have broke easily, but he could stand on it with both feet! So to break it, he had to stamp on it. So it did not get included in the final cut.

They wanted me in it, but I was happy just to help with the work on the set.

Actually, the video is quite "arty": they are all killed by the explosion of the mortar round. Them playing the song never actually takes place.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Goddamn Nazi party poopers....!!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

You know how it is, Ned; when ever they dont hear endless recitations of Lili Marleen, they get miffed and start lobbing grenades....*

*PC clarification; my german friends know, that Im kidding

Hi Ade,
    Very well made film and lyrics a poignant to the piece, uniforms are great.
    dave.

great work.well done

Great song and video. Everything looks really good. Nice job, Ade.

Luke

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast