MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

My WWII Friend Roger Ghernsey.

Article about: I am Big into the WarHawk Air Museum in Nampa Id . I guess You may call me a Hero Worshiper to WWII Vets. I do a lot of work for them . I take pictures and Do Videos . When they go on the Ho

Default My WWII Friend Roger Ghernsey.

I am Big into the WarHawk Air Museum in Nampa Id . I guess You may call me a Hero Worshiper to WWII Vets. I do a lot of work for them . I take pictures and Do Videos . When they go on the Honor Flights to Washington DC I Video them At the Air port boarding the Pane and when they come back and Give each of them a Copy of the Video. I also Take pictures of them and make two 8X10's and have them sign one for me and I give them one. I have a Hero wall n My shop I put Mine on. Love these old warriors , Well I hadn't seen Roger for a while and was worried about him. He lives about thirty miles from my home. So I go Pick my cousin Bill up and we go checking him out. Was very Happy Because he was ok. We had a good Visit he told us some of his adventures ( War Stories) He was a Company Commander in Patton's 94th Infantry 3rd Army. He retired as a Lt Col.DSCN9972.jpgDSCN9973.jpgDSCN9974.jpgDSCN9975.jpgDSCN9976.jpg

Here He is as a Young Capt. Oh yea Roger Lives by himself He said Rest Homes are for Old People. Roger Is 96 years old and still getting around pretty well. Love this old Fella.

The other guy is my Cousin Bill The one with the hairy face LOL

Cheers for sharing and what a privilege to know the man

Good to see you are "looking out" for the vets who sacrificed so much in their youth "looking out" for us, the future! Leon.

Yes sir he is a gem, One of his hobby or likes are taking pictures with pretty girls He always have a Joke to tell at the War Hawk Sue the owner Manager has to have him to run them by her before he tells it to the public LOL
    Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Cheers for sharing and what a privilege to know the man

Leon I do feel privileged on knowing these wonderful Men,
    Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Good to see you are "looking out" for the vets who sacrificed so much in their youth "looking out" for us, the future! Leon.