Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mystery device ~

Article about: Not totally sure Iam ithe right place ~ But i dug this item up yesterday ~ There is some debate as to whether it is an item if real interest or simply an item of little interest ~ We have so

Default Mystery device ~

Not totally sure Iam ithe right place ~ But i dug this item up yesterday ~

There is some debate as to whether it is an item if real interest or simply an item of little interest ~ We have some input that makes for an intriguing item ~

An update ~ The brass knurled concave end has a pin hole in the centre ~and when held the eye ~ can be clearly seen as a sight (??)

MAP
    ?

It looks like it would have slid in and out of the metal jacket?

At first I thought is was like a choke or something similar
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Map

I thought the exact same thing when I first dug it up ~ butmy Rule is ~ 'NEVER toss anything till it has been discounted ~ as irrelevant!'

The pin hole may be con incidental but ~ but he concave and even ornate knob seems a tad sophisticated fro a mere choke mechanism (?)

As I just wrote to 'Matt' in France ~

As far as I am concerned today’s input from my own Work place boss was a clincher as he served in the RNZ Navy ~ as a Seaman ~

He never even asked a question or hesitation said when I presented it to him ~ “Hmm ~ a Gun Sight !! Nice ! “

I showed it to one of the Fitters and he was certain he could see either cracked lens or damaged cross hair when looking through the peep into the over head lighting ` (?)

I am assuming then it would most likely be a line of sight fire if fitted to a field gun so most likely a two Pounder ~ So more research ~