Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Netherlands Museum Theft

Article about: A week ago there was a break in at the Eyewitness War Museum in Beek, The Netherlands. The thieves made off with a large haul of original WW2 items, including uniforms, equipment, and docume

?

Default Netherlands Museum Theft

A week ago there was a break in at the Eyewitness War Museum in Beek, The Netherlands. The thieves made off with a large haul of original WW2 items, including uniforms, equipment, and documents. The museum are posting photos of stolen items and asking collectors to be on the lookout.

So far the items appear to be largely German and US, but I figure there are some here who may also collect those. One also suspects the thieves might find it safer and quicker to dispose of the items at a militaria fair than via a dealer or online sale. Many of the items (but not all) taken are covered in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIPN...LuOjCMcM381GgY

Duly noted and will keep in mind.

Sadly the video returns as "unavailable" which makes it a bit hard to watch out for things one has not seen.

Is there any sort of list/descripiton of markings etc available anywhere?

regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

This break in was covered on another thread with pictures supplied by my good friend Wim Saris.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    This break in was covered on another thread with pictures supplied by my good friend Wim Saris.
    Eyewitness museum
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks - I did look and search and could not find it. Could you add a link to that post here please?

Quote by Wooffy View Post
    Thanks - I did look and search and could not find it. Could you add a link to that post here please?
    That is a link in Ralphs post #4 above
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."