Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

An open offer to assist

Article about: Hello all, A couple of fellow members have done me great services recently - from assisting with shipping an item to locating and photographing for me a family connection from far afield. I

Default An open offer to assist

Hello all,

A couple of fellow members have done me great services recently - from assisting with shipping an item to locating and photographing for me a family connection from far afield. I know that the tyranny of distance can be a problem in our research so to return the favour I want to extend an open offer if anyone needs information on a place or item here in Sydney ( or the surrounding areas )
    I know Sydney wasn't the hub of ww2 activity but maybe ( like me ) someone would like to know what is inscribed on something half a world away or something obscure like that. There may be nothing needed but it doesn't hurt to ask.

PM me if you need help and I'll see what I can do ......."hands across the ocean"
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Default Re: An open offer to assist

Very noble of you Dan,will keep you in mind mate,regards Dave.

I think this is one of the great things about the forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Dan,

Can you send me some sunshine mate, as it's bloody grim over here at the moment.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

That would be a great idea to work out in both (all!) sences!
    I have propossed on several occassions to help aussies with theyre purchases here on the continent, by having a central point of collection and then have them send in one parcel to Australia. That parcel might content items for different members in Australia, so we need some one over there for distribution in Australia.
    It can also be to have a picture made of a building, a place or a grave one's intrest goes to.
    Any more ideas and sujestions are welcome.
    Maybe also a pinned thread or sub-forum to work thise out.
    I am speaking of Australia , but it also could work for any country on the planet.
    Parcels (in Belgium!)from or to the UK can also be expensive!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

It. Is a bright idea, and iam with You guys, like Danmark here in Portugal there isnt much WW2 but i can help with something from countrys near to ship over. I can always send some bottles of Porto Red Wine.

Cheers

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Hi Dan,

Can you send me some sunshine mate, as it's bloody grim over here at the moment.
    Wish I could Jerry, temps here have been in the 30's lately ( but with that comes the bushfires - 60 throughout NSW last week )
    Just finished watching a doco on the capture of Eichmann .....

Quote by stuka f View Post
    That would be a great idea to work out in both (all!) sences!
    I have propossed on several occassions to help aussies with theyre purchases here on the continent, by having a central point of collection and then have them send in one parcel to Australia. That parcel might content items for different members in Australia, so we need some one over there for distribution in Australia.
    It can also be to have a picture made of a building, a place or a grave one's intrest goes to.
    Any more ideas and sujestions are welcome.
    Maybe also a pinned thread or sub-forum to work thise out.
    I am speaking of Australia , but it also could work for any country on the planet.
    Parcels (in Belgium!)from or to the UK can also be expensive!
    cheers
    |<ris
    I appreciated your offer Kris, haven't forgotten and will keep it in mind ( I thought I would be clever and save some money by shipping a gasmask and canister via surface mail from the UK ..... that was back in September and it is still on it's way!!! )
    Cheers, Dan

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Wish I could Jerry, temps here have been in the 30's lately ( but with that comes the bushfires - 60 throughout NSW last week )
    It was actually sunny here yesterday and the wife and I went for a few hours walk along the coast at Aberaeron, very nice, a little cold perhaps, but warm enough in the sunshine.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

That is a great idea Dan, likewise gents, if anyone wants to know anything from Perth or Fremantle please don't hesitate to ask.