Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Operation Bagration

Article about: Comrades every one knows the Allied operations only when i was talking to an American re-enactor he had never heard of Operation Bagration Not only was it the MOST successful operation in th

Daniel Briggs
    ?

Default Operation Bagration

Comrades every one knows the Allied operations only when i was talking to an American re-enactor he had never heard of Operation Bagration

Not only was it the MOST successful operation in the war but it compleatly destroyed the German army on the Eastern front

comrade coffin
    ?

Default Re: Operation Bagration

That is failry typical of the 'Western' historical perspective of WW2. Until I started reading into the GPW, I had not heard of many of the operations of the Soviet forces, but that is what happened growing up in the Cold War generation. It probably adds to the fascination that we have to the subject now.

?

Is the same in the ex-soviet union, we don't learned in the scholl at all the Western allied history, only the meeting at Elbe...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

There is "History" and I guess "Progressive History"...

In one A Second Front was launched after much foot dragging and delay, and the other where the Gitlerite Army Group Centre was Smashed!!!...Urrah!

Daniel Briggs
    ?

I would say that we are into the soviet side because thay are under appreciated . The allies in normandy faced understrength units on wrest from the east

It's true that the German fate of WWII was decided on the eastern front and not on the beaches of Normandy contrary to what many believe...

For those who like a good read:

Operation Bagration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Daniel Briggs
    ?

Angry Re: Operation Bagration

Very nice . I also notice that there are few ps3 or xbox games that have the russian front . normandy was easy going . The germans thoought very little of the shermen and hated the T34 .

The western society is very biased

Quote by Daniel Briggs View Post
    The western society is very biased
    No it's yust the failure of our school system and lack off intrest in history itself. Most youngsters can't even name three Allied operations, what would be the point of teaching them about Soviet ones. The same applies for the ex-Soviet Union...

Daniel Briggs
    ?

Its hard to have an interest in something people don't undestand, but when you enjoy it and there are simillar people out there it helps.

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Is the same in the ex-soviet union, we don't learned in the scholl at all the Western allied history, only the meeting at Elbe...

My wife was Soviet educated, and she had no idea that the Western Allies were kept pretty busy in the Pacific theatre with Japan.

She was also taught that both atomic bombs were used against Japan in one single day.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast