Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 133 of 149 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1482

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Quote by RustyRelics View Post
    I call everything a scribble. I'm a huge self defeatist.
    I know the feeling. It's easy to assume everything you put out is bad. John Lennon famously hated the sound of his own voice, but you wouldn't dare say the man couldn't sing!

B.B.

Panzer Crew 2.jpg

Here is a revised version of a Panzer crewman that I finished a moment ago. I need a new scanner, it never scans my drawings right.

Nordlicht, yup it is fascinating and also how to made it more interesting, is to use some astronomy apps

I also have this big boy on my tabel if I do not have lots of time for telescope And those binoculars are big help for star surfing, but bretty heavy for long time use. Total weight 2.5 kg.

20201209_000835.jpg

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    Nordlicht, yup it is fascinating and also how to made it more interesting, is to use some astronomy apps

I also have this big boy on my tabel if I do not have lots of time for telescope And those binoculars are big help for star surfing, but bretty heavy for long time use. Total weight 2.5 kg.

20201209_000835.jpg
    Ya probably know - Wifey sent me this!

I was heavily into astronomy for many years before finally packing it in several years ago. I had a 150mm refractor on an EQ electrically driven mount which was controlled via my computer, and there was an astro camera fitted to take pictures through the scope. I could sit in the comfort of my house and watch the images forming on my lap-top, and over the years I had some absolutely amazing results. But these days I only have a pair of 15X70 bino's which can be mounted on a photo tripod. Its a fascinating hobby, and once the equipment has been purchased, it costs nothing. I got rid of my equipment due to more and more of my neighbours fitting outside security lights which were forever flashing on and off, and ruining the night sky.

Cheers,
    Steve

I too, used to be a very avid astronomer, but I have bad cataracts, and that's all I see every time I look into a scope. I also subscribed to Astronomy Magazine for several years, but they kept on yammering on about wormholes, and weird theories about things we don't even know if they exist, so I stopped. I wanted to learn about the stuff I could see with my naked eye.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I was heavily into astronomy for many years before finally packing it in several years ago. I had a 150mm refractor on an EQ electrically driven mount which was controlled via my computer, and there was an astro camera fitted to take pictures through the scope. I could sit in the comfort of my house and watch the images forming on my lap-top, and over the years I had some absolutely amazing results. But these days I only have a pair of 15X70 bino's which can be mounted on a photo tripod. Its a fascinating hobby, and once the equipment has been purchased, it costs nothing. I got rid of my equipment due to more and more of my neighbours fitting outside security lights which were forever flashing on and off, and ruining the night sky.

Cheers,
    Steve
    I can belive you got some amazing results, Steve. I also have EQ Tripod what I can upgrade with GoTo device, what is on my wish list.
    Also it would be interesting to have this new telescope, Unistellar. It have all in one packet, camera, GoTo and tracking system, and of course can sit comfort inside house.
    If I would not have already telescope, that Unistellar would be the one what would buy, maybe one day.

Rusty, I hear you. It's too much those magazines where is only weird theories.
    One magazine what I get 8 times of year is good, it is published by Finnish Astronomical Society Ursa. Shame it is not in english so I cannot recommend it for you, unless you know finnish language

?

Hello, I like wrenching away on vintage aircraft when they are available. A 1958 Mig 17F and a VN veteran, A7 Corsair with 200+ carrier launched missions over VN. It was later reworked to a two seat trainer and that’s the original tail. Best, Bill

?

Bill, now that's a hobby ! Lucky man.

Agree with Aldo. What a great hobby!!!

Congrats!