Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 144 of 149 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1482

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

?

I have skulls and animal stuff in general as my main hobby. Militaria is only a side hobby for me as I think I get more for my money when I buy skulls and stuff. A couple examples:

IMG_4813.jpg
    IMG_3039.jpg
    image4.jpg

That looks like an interesting hobby although I don't think it's one my
    wife would care for.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Anon View Post
    I have skulls and animal stuff in general as my main hobby. Militaria is only a side hobby for me as I think I get more for my money when I buy skulls and stuff. A couple examples:
    I collect road kill birds of prey, and an offshoot to knowing a taxidermist is that I have a collection of skulls as well.
    Fox, mink, weasel, bear, wolf, etc.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Sadly collecting roadkill is not allowed where im from no matter what kind of animal it is. Native people in canada have it nice as they have little restrictions Ive heard. Knowledge in the laws of owning/buying/selling animal stuff is very important when you go for the rarer things.

Nice Triumph.

Same up here, militaria has taken a bit of a back seat with the weather picking up. I even went and bought a new (old) one to go with the Speed and Street Triple

IMG_1693.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

IMG_E9237.jpg

nice looking bikes.
    Here is an old picture of my still unfinished Triumph.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Anon View Post
    Sadly collecting roadkill is not allowed where im from no matter what kind of animal it is. Native people in canada have it nice as they have little restrictions Ive heard. Knowledge in the laws of owning/buying/selling animal stuff is very important when you go for the rarer things.
    I am not native, but if I find a bird of prey that I wish to keep, I must submit it to the Fish & Wildlife for them to inspect and confirm that it has not been shot or poisoned, then I have to buy a permit to possess it.
    Some things are restricted, and you can not possess them.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

After the laws changed in Belgium I didn't drove a bike for over 8 (long!)years...
    But here in France, you are still aloud to drive in a T shirt and barefoot!!
    So I got my self my 14 th and probably last bike...
    hh rk.jpg
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

My other great hobby is traveling with my family and visit other countries. This year we visited Japan for almost fifteen days.

08..jpg

07..jpg

It has been something wonderful, but walking through the old imperial capital of Kyoto... and seeing some maps of the Buddhist temples... I sometimes doubted if they were maps of the situation of the German divisions on the Eastern Front.

01..jpg

00 - copia.jpg

I took a few photos of small shrines along the streets with the ancient Sanskrit symbol that has long been associated with Buddhism and Japanese culture...

02..jpg

03..jpg

04..jpg

05..jpg

Although the Buddhist symbol is in the opposite direction to that infamous in the 30s and 40s, obviously

It was in that city where on top of a hill a huge statue of Buddha, near the City History Museum, remembers those who fell during World War II.

06..jpg

Regards
    Santi

?

Santi, remarkable photo's as usual
    Regards, Al