Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 146 of 149 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1482

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

That's quite the collection.
    With vinyl making a come back, that collection is building value --big time.
    I see only two there that I have actually owned. LedZep 4 and Dark side of the moon.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

My other hobbies and passions.

I have 3 Jeeps. 1945 CJ2A Willys Modified, 1948 CJ2A Willys and a 2014 Jeep JK Sport. I also since 2020 have started a Jeep Group on Facebook and have over 10,000 Jeep connections. It is called Seven Slots Posse. We do Jeep rides for Veterans and also send them honor blankets for their service to our country as a thank you for their sacrifice and service. Since 2020 we have given over 2,300 blankets to Veterans. Some pictures below. I truly enjoy hearing their stories of service and meeting them. I also mentor soldiers who are coming out of their military service to help them as they prepare for civilian life and a career. It really has kept me very busy since 2020 and Covid. I also love to workout and am an avid archery hunter for deer and bear.

IMG_9754.jpg

IMG_3240.jpg

BC01EE47-1379-48E3-8151-22F6402DFE82.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_8765.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_5567.jpg

IMG_0443.jpeg

9383DCD2-B156-44A5-99EE-F9504B739452.jpg
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

MAP
    ?

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Guess I’ll share one of my other hobbies with you. Now that the world again cares about My Hobby, lol, this is what I’ve collected over many, many, years. Back when records were $1 or being thrown away, I collected some awesome stuff. From Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin to Gershwin and Wagner, onto Slayer and Metallica, and even some disco. I am a huge music fan. I have collected 1st pressings in shrink wrap from almost all bands I dearly love. Rare records now, were trash then. Here is what my active collection currently looks like. At 1500 album, this isn’t a huge collection but the condition of them along with the pressing makes them very hard to acquire.

Attachment 1678326Attachment 1678327
    I'm sure you have a great sound system to enjoy them too!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    My other hobbies and passions.

I have 3 Jeeps. 1945 CJ2A Willys Modified, 1948 CJ2A Willys and a 2014 Jeep JK Sport. I also since 2020 have started a Jeep Group on Facebook and have over 10,000 Jeep connections. It is called Seven Slots Posse. We do Jeep rides for Veterans and also send them honor blankets for their service to our country as a thank you for their sacrifice and service. Since 2020 we have given over 2,300 blankets to Veterans. Some pictures below. I truly enjoy hearing their stories of service and meeting them. I also mentor soldiers who are coming out of their military service to help them as they prepare for civilian life and a career. It really has kept me very busy since 2020 and Covid. I also love to workout and am an avid archery hunter for deer and bear.

IMG_9754.jpg

IMG_3240.jpg

BC01EE47-1379-48E3-8151-22F6402DFE82.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_8765.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_5567.jpg

IMG_0443.jpeg

9383DCD2-B156-44A5-99EE-F9504B739452.jpg
    Awesome
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    That's quite the collection.
    With vinyl making a come back, that collection is building value --big time.
    I see only two there that I have actually owned. LedZep 4 and Dark side of the moon.
    Thank you, its been fun to build the collection and it still continues to grow. Is has grown in value, certain pressings especially. But, as you know, we don’t sell our treasures.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Guess I’ll share one of my other hobbies with you. Now that the world again cares about My Hobby, lol, this is what I’ve collected over many, many, years. Back when records were $1 or being thrown away, I collected some awesome stuff. From Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin to Gershwin and Wagner, onto Slayer and Metallica, and even some disco. I am a huge music fan. I have collected 1st pressings in shrink wrap from almost all bands I dearly love. Rare records now, were trash then. Here is what my active collection currently looks like. At 1500 album, this isn’t a huge collection but the condition of them along with the pressing makes them very hard to acquire.

Attachment 1678326Attachment 1678327
    Great Collection Mark...hopefully if you can come to Next years Max Show...either myself or Michael will introduce you to Gus ....whos brother played for Slayer.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Great Collection Mark...hopefully if you can come to Next years Max Show...either myself or Michael will introduce you to Gus ....whos brother played for Slayer.
    Larry, that would be pretty awesome! I saw them a few years ago at their last year tour. Also saw them in Chgo in 1986 for the 1st time. And oddly enough, I love Beethoven similarly and take the wife to see the symphony.
    Can you picture this 50+ year old guy in a mosh pit at the Slayer concert just a few years ago? Liquid courage did help. Lol.

I’ll know the date for next year’s show early enough so should be able to get time off. And with retirement just months away, I’ll consider playing hookey
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Rossi, the deer and bear are impressive! Are many deer as big as that in your part of the country? It is huge! Do you know what it weighed?

?

Quote by Richard2 View Post
    Rossi, the deer and bear are impressive! Are many deer as big as that in your part of the country? It is huge! Do you know what it weighed?
    That was a smaller Buck from MN. Likely 100-110 green score. The bigger bucks I have harvested have been 125-160 class from Missouri. The bear was a record book for MN and was about 600 lbs and had a 21” skull. Big bear for MN. We love making all our own sausage and jerky.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

mmmmmm, mmmmmm spicy venison jerky! Good eats. Same with spicy duck jerky. You're a lucky man. Some of the buddies hunt black bear in Montana. Maybe one day I'll go but I like the 22-250 and how it blows-up prairie dogs

Green