Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Photo studio lighting kit

Article about: I am always striving to take better photos of my collectibles and I am constantly plagued by bad lighting so I broke down and bought my self a small studio lighting kit the inside dimensions

Those pictures turned out great! This looks like it could be a fairly easy DIY project. It could definitely improve my pics!

?

Thanks Nathan I think the biggest trick will be to diffuse the light enough so you get no glare and even lighting plus keeping the light far enough from the objects that you are photographing as not to get shine from the bulbs.

Regards Mark K

Mark I hope you dont mind me putting this up. I just watched it on Youtube, and may be of some benefit to a lot of us here... DIY light box, easy and cheap with stuff you might have laying around!

DIY Lightbox for product photography - YouTube

This is a neat thread, Mark. I have had lighting troubles with my photos. I prefer outside natural light and everything I have tried indoors has failed miserably. I'm a cheap a$$ and refused to dumb loads of money into equipment I will only use a few times a year. Did you try any helmets in your set up? I know you said its a little small for helmets but just wondering if you did have a few photos to share. Your photos of the small items are very good.

?

Nathan please feel free if it is of benefit to the membership I am all in
    Hi Todd I did not take any pictures with my helmets yet just focused in and did not like the glare on the sides I will try pulling the panels out a little tonight after work and take a few test shots of helmets I will post some up this evening.
    And as to being cheap LOL this lighting kit cost me a MK II helmet I figure The unit it self is worth about $ 135.00 Cdn tax in and folds up into a nice little case that was small enough to carry on the plane and stow under the seat so it does have its advantages as I travel lots back and forth to work by plane.

Regards Mark K

?

Here are a few helmet test shots for you Todd I am rather disappointed I tried opening up the front a little and diffused the light a bit more but IMO it is just not wide enough so I will need to build a booth and use the lights and diffusion panels in the roof I think that might help some.

Regards Mark K
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for this very informative thread. I've been thinking of building a photobooth for a while now, and this really gets the brain working.

Cheers,
    Willie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2