Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Pink IS2 Tank in Prague.

Article about: Just spotted this Soviet IS2 tank with strange cammo being shipped into Prague, Czechoslovakia for the 20th anniversary celebrations of the countries freedom from Communism.Here's the skinny

FABULOUS! xx

clever stuff - now how about in zebra stripes??????
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Another work by this artist, he put one piece of tank where was the Russian monument. It was in 2008, 40 years after the Russian invasion by the road in front!

In the Geman Ambassy
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

It's logical that something which sat outside for 60-70 years would have to be repainted once or twice, but why pink? I mean, unless it's a direct insult to the Russians, then I can't see the sense.

Also, is the pink sherman and the pink panther real? I hope not....

Just plain tasteless. Don't take out your political beliefs on a piece of history.

It became a new piece of history when it was painted "shocking" pink, before it was a monument to the political oppression of Eastern Europe by the communists of the Soviet Union or it was just a surplus piece of military hardware. It's placement in Prague in 1945 was a political act by the communists and was painted pink in 1991 as counterprotest against that original political act by the USSR...one set of political beliefs opposed by another and both part of the continuum of history of the tank and of the country.

IMO there is now also some artistic merit in this shocking pink tank which was lacking in the original Soviet monument to liberation or occupation depending on which side of the divide one was at the time.

The colour pink is the antithesis of macho military olive green.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by fallbarbarossa View Post
    It's logical that something which sat outside for 60-70 years would have to be repainted once or twice, but why pink? I mean, unless it's a direct insult to the Russians, then I can't see the sense.

Also, is the pink sherman and the pink panther real? I hope not....
    Maybe not.....,but this is. A PR IX Spit with pink cammo for flying low level photo recon ideally at dawn and dusk just below cloud level, it was apparently very successful. I saw this at the RAF Cosford airshow back in 2000.

Regards, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Pink worked for the SAS in the Desert so where is the problem with the colour

"The colour pink is the antithesis of macho military olive green. "
    Exactly, and this is why the second part of tank is also pink whith a white band.
    These bands were on the tanks during the 1968 invasion.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

This was how the monument looked when it was first painted shocking pink and with attached "finger" to Moscow:

image.jpg
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast