Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Please and thank you.

Article about: I have noticed lately that a lot of newer members will post an item and after receiving replies, never respond. It seems these chaps were never educated properly to be courteous asking pleas

Quote by Composite View Post
    Lately I’ve seen Club members AND Mods reply to impolite (no “please”, no “thank you”) requests from newbies. When this issue is not important to such respected members it is clear that I’m in the minority and I am wasting everyone’s time. I’m sorry.
    You are not wasting your time, but i know it seems pretty futile. Being polite is getting so rare i've given people reputation points for a please or thank you.

EVERYONE here can read......EVERYONE can see if “please” features within “what’s this?” or similar.....EVERYONE COULD challenge........

Sadly there are more people here who want to share their knowledge and/or care less about pleasantries......and there’s more of them than there are us...even though some of them have previously supported this thread.....

It's not just the forum. It's the younger generation in general.
    A few weeks back, I stopped at the local gas / convenience store. It was
    a cold wet night and as I went inside, I held the door open for some young
    woman. As she went by, she did not even bother to look at me yet alone say
    Thank you. That is until I said "You're welcome" when she was already passed.
    That's when I got the nasty look like I had offended her. --- spoiled little bitch.

It's a me first and screw the other guy would out there.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Agree with Greg. In my country also hapens it. But we must don't give up.

My granny told me there's never an excuse for bad manners -- and she wasn't talking about which fork to use.

It’s not worth the effort. This is supposed to be fun....and a nice place to be......it isn’t...and it isn’t.

I certainly would not blame the younger generation alone. A lack of manners seems to have become a pandemic in Western societies, and no age group is immune. As someone who works in close proximity to Joe Public on a daily basis, I can assure you that it is not a problem unique to people of any age.

The problem is that there is no effective way to police bad manners, here or anywhere. It's something that an individual must learn for themselves, and many people these days are simply too lazy to learn anything.

B.B.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    It's not just the forum. It's the younger generation in general.
    This forum is my refuge from that world. Granted, we get some newbies who don't behave as
    we would like but for the most part, this place is very friendly and well behaved. Even thought I have only
    met a handful of you in person, I like to think that I have made several friends here. I enjoy logging on
    and just hanging out. I can always choose to ignore those threads that have some pissing contests
    going on.

Dont worry, Be happy.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 01-26-2020 at 02:10 PM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Manners, without doubt, go a long way, very disappointing when it's a 'one way street', doing your best & modesty is the best path...in whatever way you interpret it.
    Regards
    Paul

I agree with all of the sentiments above but must admit to being guilty as charged of jumping in and answering a thread this week about a stirnpanzer of which several members commenting on this thread have also tried to assist the OP. So far we have had no follow up information from the OP after spending time trying to help. By nature I always try to be helpful and to be honest I didn’t notice the lack of politeness until after replying.

24BD89FE-62F6-41D9-8C1C-B8D948D5DF35.jpg

I do think that there are two things going on in society and that is a sense of entitlement and the need to get ahead of others. I thinks it’s being driven by the speed at which the world is moving where if you don’t move along you’ll be trampled. Still, there is no reason for a lack of acknowledgment when a a member has taken their time to assist. It’s just a part of being a decent human being or so I thought. I do think the forum is being used as a vetting resource some times and some times simply for monetary gain.

Andy

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast