Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Please and thank you.

Article about: I have noticed lately that a lot of newer members will post an item and after receiving replies, never respond. It seems these chaps were never educated properly to be courteous asking pleas

Default Please and thank you.

I have noticed lately that a lot of newer members will post an item and after receiving replies, never respond. It seems these chaps were never educated properly to be courteous asking please for help and thank you for responses It really ticks me off when we waste our time with trolls who act in this manner. I have noticed several threads like that just today. Venting and confused as how to handle thisproblem.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Bob,

I have noticed it more and more lately as well. Tension is building with many contributing members and moderators if you want my observation. "ME, ME, I, I, Self, Self" is the age we live in with no regard for someone who assists them. Many of the members here have decades of study, training, reading and have logged many hours. RESPECT is in ORDER.

Etiquette and Manners are tough to come by these days. Many guys on here give their time and energy as moderators and members without any appreciation or pay. They do it for the love of the hobby and their fellow man or woman. Maybe there needs to be a Tutorial on Manners / Code of Conduct each new member needs to complete before being granted membership. Basically "Don't be a bone head, Were not your Mother, sit up straight and THREADS were MADE to be READ. Help Yourself a little to all the Forum has to offer you.

My opinions for what they are worth.

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Bob,

I have noticed it more and more lately as well. Tension is building with many contributing members and moderators if you want my observation. "ME, ME, I, I, Self, Self" is the age we live in with no regard for someone who assists them. Many of the members here have decades of study, training, reading and have logged many hours. RESPECT is in ORDER.

Etiquette and Manners are tough to come by these days. Many guys on here give their time and energy as moderators and members without any appreciation or pay. They do it for the love of the hobby and their fellow man or woman. Maybe there needs to be a Tutorial on Manners / Code of Conduct each new member needs to complete before being granted membership. Basically "Don't be a bone head, Were not your Mother and sit up straight".

Enough of my rant but those are my two cents worth for what it is worth.

Rossi
    I agree.. I try my best to "Thank / Like" even if my answer is not the one wished on a piece.. Furthermore I thank and like when someone else gets a response as well..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Bob,

Etiquette and Manners are tough to come by these days. Many guys on here give their time and energy as moderators and members without any appreciation or pay. They do it for the love of the hobby and their fellow man or woman. Maybe there needs to be a Tutorial on Manners / Code of Conduct each new member needs to complete before being granted membership. Basically "Don't be a bone head, Were not your Mother, sit up straight and THREADS were MADE to be READ. Help Yourself a little to all the Forum has to offer you.

My opinions for what they are worth.

Rossi
    Very Nicely put Kirk. You have hit the nail on the head. It seems that many new members have not been taught the basic skills of interaction with other's that you mentioned above. It is a sad to think that this is our future. I myself instill these old fashioned values into my children. But they are surrounded by many who do not follow the good ole decency rules and they fall into this way only to be reminded of who they are and where they come from. A simple "Thanks" seems to be lost on a part of a generation that has been pampered and sheltered and they have not learned the most important things in life, such as appreciation of other's. I see senior member share their decades of knowledge and not get the simple thanks and it keeps me coming back to that thread hoping that the OP will see what information they have received and express there gratitude but they don't. It sounds petty but even when some post pictures that are sideways and we fix them. Not a word from the OP. It pisses me off. So I can see where our experts share their years of experience and hear nothing back and how it must be getting VERY Old and exasperating.

You mentioned an agreement to joining this fine site. I agree ,Call it a courtesy clause. But I fear it would only be gazed over and not followed in the end.

Its late here but It is saddening to see such behavior. But I hope those who are members ,know how much I greatly appreciate their help
    Good Night All!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

If there is no "Please/Thanks" in the Post or Question, I will usually not bother responding...I have at times in the past responded with "A Please or a Thank You will go a long way here, friend"...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Problem is...and this goes far beyond the borders of our fine site...too many nowadays are from the silver platter brigade...i.e. they want everything handed to them on a silver plate...for FREE!!!

Work/study/research..?

Why do that when you can ask elsewhere, receive sound advice and not even bother to say a few words of thanks..?

I have but one suggestion...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I agree with all the above comments, A lot of people are just pig ignorant these days!.....

Hi guys,
    As a relatively new member to this forum and also to collecting I personally cannot thank enough for the advice given to me directly from informed members regarding purchases I have made along with potential bad purchases I didn't make based on invaluable advice given.... and I give thanks every time, I know and understand the indepth knowledge you all possess and willingly give based on years of experience.
    I would also like to thank you for the indirect advice which is the mountain of information I read prior to posting a potential buy to attempt to gain as much knowledge as possible enabling me to identify any obvious flaws on items I am looking at.
    It surprises me anyone who doesn't give a basic courteous gesture of a thankyou as the advice you give often saves poor purchases and in turn has a monetary value to anyone posting for advice.
    I have personally met some of the more informed posters, Adrian Stevenson at his place of work (auction house) where he literally spent hours showing me around items for sale talking through each item which as a new collector looking at real items and not just pictures on the Internet was amazing and I learned so much, also today at the Birmingham arms fair where I met John Brandon who did exactly the same with his items for sale which were fantastic as I get to see real items that sometimes I won't ever own as they are out of my budget range..... and I'm sure many of you would do the same for me or anyone in my position.

What I'm trying to say in all of this is you guys are genuinely great people for what you do and more than appreciated by 99% of the members that post their worried purchases or their great buys so please don't be downhearted or think you are wasting your time because today's thankless advice is tomorrow's appreciated re read education on another item.

Just my thoughts......

Andre

The people who do not say please and thankyou have never in the first place taken History..this hobby and the never ending study of this seriously. They just dont care except enough to get that short sighted payoff ..that will net them " zero" ...and like mice come back again when they get hungry.

They just dont care !

Taking advantage of others hospitality filling up their own plates with others hard work at parties..being the first one in..and the last one to leave..most likely waiting for styrofoam plates to take anything extra home.

Caught on the WRF camera was this one of thousands of the same family members that are wedding crashers on this site.

roach.jpg

Their lives are short lived and usually devoured by their own stupidity.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I couldn't agree more with all your comments, sadly it's today's generation.

Cheers
    Greg

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast