Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Poblem in an auction (possible shills)

Article about: Hi everybody. I have a problem in an auction that i was winning but then a higher bid come (but a couple hour ago) the bidder disapear. Possible faker bidder. Do you have the same poblem aft

Default Poblem in an auction (possible shills)

Hi everybody. I have a problem in an auction that i was winning but then a higher bid came (next day) but the bidder dissapear. Possible fake bidder. So I "won" the lot.

Do you have the same poblem after (because is the first time) I have to lead with this. if you have the same problem: What did you do? Im going to negociate with the dealer.

Then im going to post the lot and the name of the auctioner.

Im very sad and dissapointed with this situation!

Moved to the Discussion section of the forum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I'm confused... Why bid in the first place if you didn't want the item?

No no. I wanted the item. But the higher bidder dissapear!!! Do not say things that i didnt wrote. The problem here is with the shills in Ratisbon's auction.

Do you understand that?

Jan
    ?

Still a bit confused...

Do you mean somebody else won the auction but now you can´t find the highest bidders auction "name" listed anymore?

Personally I have never had any problems with this auction house.

Best, Jan

MAP
    ?

So the high bidder walked away and you are the next high bidder. So you would now like to be considered the "winnering bidder". Is that what you are saying?

How do you know the other guy disappeared? Did they tell you that?

Just reach out to Ratisbons. Ask them for the details and offer to pay your final bid amount.

I'm sure if someone bid and then walked away, Ratisbons is now trying to figure out how to get the other guy to live up to his obligations. Hence the delay and confusion.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

If it was a shill bidder, the only reason was to get him to bid higher than he originally intended to.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Im trying to see the historial of bids and How many time the bidder make offers.

Waiting for the answer of K. Butschek

Ohh I see and Why are you sure about that? "I'm sure if someone bid and then walked away, Ratisbons is now trying to figure out how to get the other guy to live up to his obligations. Hence the delay and confusion."

Yes someone bid 1330e and then walk away. Thats the problem. I need the bidding historial.

The name of the bidder never appear in Ratisbon's auctions. For that reason Im suspecting.

Of course it is something a bit strange. According to Ralph that there are shill bidders, but it is more typical of eBay than of a reputed auctioneer such as Ratisbon's IMHO

Santi

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast