Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Referece & Guide Books

Article about: Hello my friends ! Can you please give me an advise on good updated reference & guide books for Decorations of Third Reich ? Thank you !

Default Referece & Guide Books

Hello my friends !

Can you please give me an advise on good updated reference & guide books for Decorations of Third Reich ?

Thank you !

Not sure about updated, but I would say the James Angolia books are still are good resource on the shelf for starters.

I have known LT Colonel John Angolia for some years now and he had written several books on various subjects of the Third Reich. AT the time they were written in the 70's and 80's, these books were at that time the best reference sources available. In my opinion although outdated they are still an excellent source to go to.

If you are looking for books specific to awards and decorations of the Third Reich which is current, I am sorry to say that I cannot comment on the books that are out there now, simply because I have been away from collecting Third Reich for so long.

I have invested more in my US Militaria collection and with that the numerous reference books for that particular field.

Some of the best reference information that I have noticed lately is right here on this forum. Although I would like to spend the money and get more of the reference books that are currently available on Third Reich badges, I feel that the knowledge obtained here is more than enough to satisfy my questions when it comes to origin and authenticity of my Third Reich artifacts..

I have about 2000 reference books in my collection right now, about 1 quarter of them are Third Reich related and the rest focus on the US military.

Some will agree and some will disagree with the books and authors that I use because some of the pictures of items printed in the books are now discovered to be reproductions, but I view this as new information and will still rely on older books but will also be very open and receptive to the new authors who have taken up the torch and have done exhaustive research to bring information to collectors.

The following is just a small list of authors of books that are on my shelf. There are of course others and some may look at the names with disregard and question the reputation of said authors but this is just my opinion..

Wish you best of luck in your collecting field, whichever area you decide to delve into. But I will also encourage you to take a look and pick up books that although may be outdated, there is still some very valuable information within the pages.

Smitty

John Angolia
    Christopher Ailsby
    David Littlejohn
    J.A. Bowman (Daggers)
    Roger James Bender
    Jack Pia
    Thomas M Johnson
    Adolf Schlicht

Also, take a look at this topic on Old books. Many of these can still be purchased for a decent price...

MORE OLD BOOKS!!! This and that, some classics, GREAT STUFF!!! Pinned Thread on Books?

MAP
    ?

Check out B&D publishing as well as Bender Publishing. Most of the reference books there are top notch.

An important point. There really is no "one and done" book covering all of the TR awards. Most of the best reference books cover only ONE type of award.

And good books are not cheap. But the purchase of one, combined with vetting any award through this forum prior to purchase will certainly cover the cost of buying a fake.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hey my friends,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE REPLIES, I'm on the search now ant your info were very helpful !!!

thank you very much again !