Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A request....

Article about: Is there any chance of everyone saying what their posts are about in the title? I wanted to call this Thread “let’s banish the inconsiderate” but that would never make it through.. I ALWAYS

Default A request....

Is there any chance of everyone saying what their posts are about in the title?

I wanted to call this Thread “let’s banish the inconsiderate” but that would never make it through..

I ALWAYS start with the New Posts screen...I don’t simply look at “my stuff” (Helmets, Camo, tanks etc) as I never know where I can learn or even add value BUT I’m getting soooooo tired of “what have I here”....”look at this” etc...I know I can look at the category heading but this only tells me the broader category eg Japanese Militaria..which could be a helmet, it could be a small webbing strap.

I’ve actually stopped looking at these posts now....if they can’t respect me...I can’t respect them.

...and don’t get me started on “please” and “thank you”......everyone SAYS it’s important but I’ve yet to see anyone push-back and challenge....

I have always thought this should be done and it is actually in the forum guidelines if I remember correctly, but hey...
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I couldn't agree with you more Ade... it is quite frustrating to click on a new post, only to find it is not what you thought it was. Imagine if the title of a book had nothing to do with the content within the pages, now how frustrating would that be?

Maybe i am missing the point and reading into this all wrong but I am probably Guilty of this Ade, for example My South African combat helmet post in the Steel Helmet sub forum could well be a contender but in truth i did not know what the actual designation was for that model helmet type but had only a vague idea even after fruitless research ,the trouble is even with the correct information passed on during the discussion as far as i know we as original posters can't go back with that information and edit the thread title as i am sure i have tried in the past unless things have changed since ,I am all for adding information and similar examples to an existing thread without the need for starting a new thread on an old topic which more recently i have been trying hard to do But if i have something i feel hasn't been discussed or shown before on a dedicated thread and with checking the search function first to be certain i am going in to start a new Topic discussion
    Regards James

Mate..I didn’t have any particular post / thread in mind.....I guess the dam broke...:-)

I keep seeing “what do I have here”...”look what I found” etc etc.....these COULD be posted as “amazing US helmet” or “ Russian drinking glass”........

I’ve given up hoping that all things about the same item could be posted under one thread....it’s clearly too much to ask...so I expect to see more of “here’s just the same thing as 15 other members have posted” posts.....I’m wondering if it’s just laziness ie..can’t be bothered to search out existing threads......it’s all that “pick-me pick-me” mentality as if it’s urgent that their stuff is posted...but hey

Thanks for your input mate

It makes you wonder why they buy things without having any idea of what they have paid for... 'What have I got here?' Nobody is pointing the finger at you James, you are quite good with your titles. But some of the post titles put up by others can be extremely frustrating at times.

titles like got a new one today, or my latest insert vague term, or new helmet.....
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Or: 'Look what I just got, is it real?'

I was wondering about this thread first seeing it...

I agree with this sentiment as I always start with new posts. Additionally sometimes the poorly worded or overly colloquial thread name has a similarity with the spam posts.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast