Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Request about Write a letter to RK receiver & Thanks for the Gents that help it before!

Article about: Greeting Fellow Collectors: My name is Joe, from Taiwan. Since my youth hood, I have always have a great interest on the WWII military history. I start the collection about five years ago, s

Post Request about Write a letter to RK receiver & Thanks for the Gents that help it before!

Greeting Fellow Collectors:

My name is Joe, from Taiwan. Since my youth hood, I have always have a great interest on the WWII military history.

I start the collection about five years ago, so far it mainly focus on the German Medals and Combat Badges. Although the collection is going slow, but I still enjoy it pretty much.

About two yesrs ago, I have came up an Idea of write letters to those Knight Cross Receiver, who is still alive and willing to do the corresponding. But due to several reason and the military service (service I have to do in my country after finished the study career) which led me no choice to delay the plan.

Soon after I complete the service and entering society. This Idea have came up in my mind once again. So in the early this month, I wrote my first letter to Mr. Otto Carius to request a Sign Portrait from him. In about two weeks on the 21th March Friday, I have receive his reply along with the Sign Portrait!!! I promise in that moment when I saw his reply letter, my tears almost drop. It is like kind of feeling that after all those years that you still have some thought of connection with him… really hard to put this in the word…

From hereI have to say Big Thanks to Cass (sawman- Any one know his contact detail? I kind of lost it), Tim and Paul from this Great Forum. Without you Gents adviser and help I will never could achieve this dream.

I would really like to write some more letters to other Knight Cross Receiver who is still willing to do the corresponding.
    But due to the lack of the contact detail, this has become harder and harder…

And I believe lot of you might say: If you want a Sign Portrait, you can simply bought it from the dealer or check the German yellow page to look for the contact detail.
    But for me this is kind like a different feeling “you wrote straight to them and have your own meaningful Sign Portrait ” and I have check the German yellow pages but it’s hard to get relevant information from there…

I know this is kind of rude but is there any possibility for you Gents who have recent corresponding with the RKT could PM provide me those contact detail?
    And I do not looking any specific person to write to, because I know there ain’t many RKT willing to do the corresponding due to the old age and don’t want to get bother anymore. But if there still few of them willing to do corresponding, I would be really glad to write to.

Thanks for spending time read this.
    Have a Great Day.

Best Regards.
    Joe.

Here is the reply from Mr. Carius and the Post Card I plan to send it to say thanks.

IMG_1871.jpg IMG_1872.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello! we are in 2014, it's will be very difficult to meet a lot of persons!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Very nice, Joe! You might want to check this thread out.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photo...photos-284539/

Luke

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Hello! we are in 2014, it's will be very difficult to meet a lot of persons!
    Dear lebus12:

Thanks for the reply.

I understand that, some time I wish I could meet or corresponding with them earlier...

Best Regards
    Joe.

Quote by rogge16 View Post
    Very nice, Joe! You might want to check this thread out.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photo...photos-284539/

Luke

Dear Luke:

Thanks for the reply!

Wow! what a remarkable collection you have there!

Stunning!

Best Regards
    Joe