Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RTE 2 tonight

Article about: I dont know if you get RTE' 2 its an irish channel, but tonight at 9.00 a movie called ''Valkyrie'' is on. its a dramatic re-creation of the 1944 plot by German officers to kill Hitler using

?

Default RTE 2 tonight

I dont know if you get RTE' 2 its an irish channel, but tonight at 9.00 a movie called ''Valkyrie'' is on.

its a dramatic re-creation of the 1944 plot by German officers to kill Hitler using a briefcase bomb, as the tide of the second world war began to turn in the favor of the allies.

?

Default Re: RTE 2 tonight

Tom Cruise as Claus von Stauffenberg , bloody awful !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I am watching it anyway

Its a fantastic film Patrick, I have watched it time and time again! Enjoy it for what it is and be entertained mate

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Watch out for when Beck commits suicide towards the end of the film.Ludwig Beck did not succeed in killing himself as is shown in the film. His first shot grazed his temple. Fromm gave him time to "collect himself" before he tried again. His second attempt also failed, so another officer ended up finishing him off.

An important fact they missed......And yes, I am an anorak.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I liked it too. Also watched it 3 or 4 times. Can't help it paying attention to the uniforms and all other props, so I missed the story the first time...
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    I liked it too. Also watched it 3 or 4 times. Can't help it paying attention to the uniforms and all other props, so I missed the story the first time...
    |<
    I know what you mean Kris,
    Henning von Tresckow was not promoted to Major General (Generalmajor) until June 1st, 1944 - until then, he held the rank of colonel. However, Kenneth Branagh is wearing a Major General's uniform throughout the movie.....Like I said,....Anorak.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

My god !! I am going to tell my wife there is sombody worse then me!!! (lol!!)....I didn't noticed that!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

lol, i will look out for that while watching it!

?

Thanks for the reminder, going to use the box to record it in case the wife rebels and watches something else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast