Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

A slow time to be selling militaria?

Article about: I have noticed here and on other forums that it appears to be a slow time for selling items and I wondered if others had noticed the same thing? Is this the result of the economic downturn a

Default A slow time to be selling militaria?

I have noticed here and on other forums that it appears to be a slow time for selling items and I wondered if others had noticed the same thing?
    Is this the result of the economic downturn affecting many countries or is it a general decline in interest due to declining numbers of collectors?
    I know that many items were overpriced in the past but even allowing for a drop in market value it still seems that things are selling slowly.
    I know on this forum we have a number of younger collectors, which the lack of is often listed as one of the reasons for a decline.
    Are people only buying high end items or are people only trying to buy bargains, or is it more that many are only interested in Helmets, Tunics, medals and SS items and there is less interest in other items?

Any thoughts?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: A slow time to be selling militaria?

Unfortunately I can only afford bargains. This makes it hard to find militaria!

The interest is definitely still here, but the money just isn't. I am sure that I am one of many in this situation.

Yes i have also noticed the slow of the militaria market, but like every market it will have its highs and lows.
    Morris

I'm still getting 'sniped' in the last seconds of nearly every EBay auction I go for lately, so I wish there WAS no money out there ......grrr!!!!!!

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Unfortunately I can only afford bargains. This makes it hard to find militaria!

The interest is definitely still here, but the money just isn't. I am sure that I am one of many in this situation.
    i am in the same boat as you Ob........ looking to buy a house with the wife so that pretty much means i am only looking for bargains or placing purchases on the back burner for a little while now.

im trying to collect all nations ww2 helmets not just german but german helmets or good real ww2 ones are hard to find but i was told that items are not selling well here too. and yes i am trying to save to buy a house too my other half isent happy when i come home with a new helmet so i try and hide it for a bit then bring it out. but its off putting with all the repro stuff out there. would be good to win the lotto then ill get the market moveing.

We have a big military fair on her in Western Australia this weekend so it will be interesting to see what happens. We have been lucky, our economy hasn't suffered like many other country's have but there are always plenty of other things to spend money on apart from militaria, mortgages, cars, etc..... I am focussing on party badges now and certainly one of the reasons is affordability, my family and myself don't have to go without anything to afford a few badges. Helmets, tunics etc... are a different story.

Thanks to all for your input and opinions. I still get out bid on many of the items I am after on Ebay, but I have had some good hits lately.

I know the feeling about lack of money and the need to spend it on other things, the mortgage and bills being upper most. I have had a slow period for work lately, but I had some good news on that score this morning. Also, my car was written off in a head on crash recently and the other party is trying to get out of paying for it, so I had to spend money on a new second hand car whilst this is going on.

And of course, like many of us, I have to sell items to pay for other items for my collection as my focus has changed.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

There is economic uncertainty with some people and they must weigh out what is really important. Not all are affected,, but the majority is. I feel the collectors are looking at price first these days and then condition,, or vice versa but the balance is close. Tough times for some. Now school necessities and holidays are back in full swing. For me after the new year and into the summer is a good buying time.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

cars , houses ect. are slow,, flea mkt. is just dreamers... when will it come back?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast