Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Some Help putting together a full kit.

Article about: Hello all, for a while now I have been working towards putting together a full infantry mans field uniform. I would like to have it as a more early War configuration maybe around the 1940 ti

Default Some Help putting together a full kit.

Hello all, for a while now I have been working towards putting together a full infantry mans field uniform. I would like to have it as a more early War configuration maybe around the 1940 time period. Now I’m not going to only buy 1940 dated items but I would only like items that would make sense like a earlier mess kit and bread bag etc etc. I would like to use an A-Frame and the Splinter Camo Helmet Cover I bought but If they wouldn’t work on an early uniform I just won’t use it. Any images of soldiers in full kit during this time would be greatly appreciated! I’ve been using Toms great website (MP44.nl - Welcome to my Website) and it has been great help with the field gear area and has given me a great amount of help, but any extra help is appreciated as I’m sure you all know much more than me. Sorry for the long question, absolutely any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and Thanks for any help,
    Bodhi

I found this image online and I think this is the set up I am trying to get at. Obviously ignore Adolf I don’t think I’d be able to but his uniform together
    3F14AE5E-D6C2-4179-8778-DECACE9CC28C.jpg

You'll need an M36 combat tunic to start with. Finding one won't be difficult, but it will cost you a pretty penny. Espenlaub has a couple of nice examples, but as already said, they aren't cheap:

Wehrmacht M 36 infantryman’s tunic for Oberfeldwebel of 42nd Infantry Reg.

M36 enlisted personnel tunic for Panzerjager of the Wehrmacht

You could probably locate an example at a more reasonable price, but combat tunics of all kinds are much pricier than dress uniforms. The tunic is the best place to start, as it'll serve as a base for the rest of the setup.

Just my two cents on the subject. I'll leave the specifics of field gear to those with more experience on the subject.

Regards, B.B.

Thank you for the tip! I will definitely start up saving for a tunic, I thought I had some items to start but after research I found out just about all of them besides the flashlight and canteen are to late War to use. SoI will probably just be starting from scratch and a tunic will be my starting point! Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again for the help,
    Bodhi

Here's a shot for you. lots to see in this pic!

Cheaper option is a great coat? makes a full uniform

I have thought about a greatcoat and it would be nice but with the setup I am going for I don’t think it would work. I guess I’ll just have to make that the next project after this one Thanks for the images as they always give me new ideas, and know you’ve got me wanting to do a winter setup with a greatcoat!

Cheers,
    Bodhi

A quick question regarding the early set up. I’m looking at this mask and canister as well as other items, I know it has the wartime spring pull fastener. Should I keep looking for a early fastener like the 37 or 38 types or would this work on a 1939-40 setup? I’m not too worried about the mask that comes with it as It won’t be in the canister when I have it displayed to keep the weight off the straps.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

8DEAE576-E334-4582-B86D-9B5DC9583D1F.jpeg48390E7C-F589-4963-B07E-51ABD9B976B0.jpeg4B607AA8-79F5-4947-BEAD-BA3C68A9B926.jpegAFDF6613-DBDE-4115-A963-63890698CA05.jpeg