Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Some Vietnam skull patches

Article about: I know the counterfeits are swarming Ebay and probably 99% of patches & insignias on site are Vietnam made repros. However, I have found these below which looked like they are in used co

?

Default Some Vietnam skull patches

I know the counterfeits are swarming Ebay and probably 99% of patches & insignias on site are Vietnam made repros. However, I have found these below which looked like they are in used condition, some of them are paper-backed too. I still question their authenticity since skull patches have always been our favorite and fakers clear have a good sense of market demand! What do you guys think about the stuff below??
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

They look good, but I'd like to see the backs.
    Sarge

?

Will do

?

I am surprised to see that many patches on Ebay are in unused condition!

?

and how about these?

?

Exclamation

Yours look OK, but??? Find someone to translate the news paper backing on the one patch, might give you an idea of its age.
    Among other reason for a lot of the VN insignia from the war being in new condition is that for a while, at least, there was a good industry going making new stuff in the 1985-2000+ time frame.
    Also much of what was brought back by GIs was in new/unused condition. I know that I brought back almost nothing used, why when I could get it in new condition.
    Sarge

?

Thanks bro! Yeah the greatest problem is that fakers are now using techniques the same as that of wartime vietnam to produce these patches. Most of them are high quality handmades which can be harder to spot.

?

Sorry all of the patches show about are modern reproduction that are still being produced in Vietnam

?

Ok. But why do you think they are fake? I appreciate your opinions!