Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Special Thanksgiving Legacy - Big Ned

Article about: These just arrived in the mail yesterday. A great "Thankgiving Legacy" from everyone's friend Ian (aka .....BigNed) These were sent to Larry who then graciously gifted these to me

MAP
    ?

Default A Special Thanksgiving Legacy - Big Ned

These just arrived in the mail yesterday. A great "Thankgiving Legacy" from everyone's friend Ian (aka .....BigNed)

These were sent to Larry who then graciously gifted these to me in remembrance of Ned.

A gift that will keep on giving. Love the fact that while in great condition, they are well "thumbed through".

Books.jpg
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Also included in the shipment.
    Also in eventual transit a few more books.

n1.jpgn2.jpgn3.jpg
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Nice Larry.

Very nice of his family to pass these on

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Those are sensational books. You have been very fortunate to receive that legacy.

Enjoy your families on a day as special as today for you, although tonight you might want to go to bed early to be able to read some of your new books for a good while
    Last edited by TabsTabs1964; 11-28-2019 at 08:59 PM.

?

Excellent books. From an extraordinary man's collection. Priceess!!
    I like the anti partisan book. Something I have always liked the look of, But made with many intricacies and something I put in the back of my head many years ago.
    I tried to study them, Thought I was getting somewhere, but they are something if you plan on collecting you will need the book!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Excellent books. From an extraordinary man's collection. Priceess!!
    I like the anti partisan book. Something I have always liked the look of, But made with many intricacies and something I put in the back of my head many years ago.
    I tried to study them, Thought I was getting somewhere, but they are something if you plan on collecting you will need the book!
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    These are all books that I have had on my "to get" list. Looking forward to digging in to them, especially the APB as it is a badge I know so little about.

Plus when they are posted for authentication, they receive hardly any learned responses. Ned knew them, but with him being gone, maybe a way for me to provide some limited help to other.

I'm going to have a few beers for big Ned tonight.

Wonderful to have the "big guy's" books, as clearly they played a part in his gaining knowledge of the subject.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Wonderful to have the "big guy's" books, as clearly they played a part in his gaining knowledge of the subject.

I've actually put one of them into use already. So he legacy continues

?

I had always joked about his comments coming from "The Book Of Ned"
    Now it can become a reality to quote from his Books. That is a great way to honor and remember Him!!!

I like that and I think he would look down upon it with a smile or another Verse from the Book Of Ned!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast