Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS lot needing identification!

Article about: Hey all, I’ve since been receiving a lot of help in the few items I’ve posted. I have a few pictures from a gentleman I’ve been purchasing from of his great uncles collection they’re

Default SS lot needing identification!

Hey all, I’ve since been receiving a lot of help in the few items I’ve posted. I have a few pictures from a gentleman I’ve been purchasing from of his great uncles collection they’re now selling. I look to the experts to review these pictures, and point out any items that seem to be authentic or have a chance. I know very few SS stuff in this lot is real (I’ve marked off the items I’ve purchased already, and yes I do know some of them are fake). If any items stand out, let me know! I can get all of these incredibly cheap, and if there is anything left that’s real, would be a great opportunity! As always4F2E640F-5084-4B72-8965-890743271A7B.jpg96A14DFE-EE0D-41CD-B297-36640B74E128.jpg0D1112EA-5E2B-4979-8E6A-88749C3FDFD0.jpeg[/ATTACH]E696E568-CC49-4E67-A33E-A3A215576006.jpg, thank you!AE1D8A6F-3E8E-4E1C-BB98-C4626A958B75.jpg7CBF85F0-D0CE-4773-B717-6A5FAF8FDCAD.jpgA73EC6B7-A8AB-4C85-9BB0-34FD63484FCE.jpg

This Hobby demands Research, Friend... You'll find it to be one of the most rewarding aspects of collecting...

I have moved your thread to the discussions section of the forum, as most of these items need to be separated out and posted in different sections of the forum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Oh no you’re absolutely right! I unfortunately don’t have these on hand to give them a timely look over, and I’m new to the hobby so I don’t have that keen eye (yet), this collection is about an hour away from me, so not the easiest to head that way and take up their time combing through it all and referring to references. If I had these all on hand, I’d have a ball coming through it all, trust me! Just looking for someone to say “hey these few items may have a shot, try and get a better look!”.

- - ------- - -

Hey thanks! That’ll probably be better!

The runic tabs look..... interesting
    Paul

Hahah yeah I know, I’m well aware 99% of the SS stuff are reproductions

The runes angles are very different to what I've studied & own, just an honest observation
    Paul

Overall, the lower end pieces -Tinnies, Metal Cap Insignia, War Merit Crosses, etc- appear to be original, but the higher-end pieces -Eagles, Runes- need individual examination to determine legit from fake...

I agree. Next time I head out to where he is at, I plan to take a lot of pictures in better detail. The guy is just selling off his great uncles collection due to him passing, and they have no need to keep it all. I don’t want to bother him every day asking for multiple up close and detailed pictures, too many items here to do that! But yeah I plan to take a ton of pictures when I see him next!

Lots of bad stuff here.

I don't like those collar tabs, Hungarian "H" collar tab might have a chance.
    And all cufftitles are bad.

You can try to use forum search engine and you will find many threads where can see how real ones looks like.
    -TJ-

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast