Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Stolen collection

Article about: On the night of 21 July 2008 , criminals broke in at my home and workshop , and almost my complete collection has been STOLEN, weapons, ammo , helmets , bayonets , headgear , etc , the (almo

HELMET_DOG
    ?

Default Re: Stolen collection

again sorry for your loss.

?

I know now , do not trust anybody , it really is a selfish world nowadays,
    I was always told to help people , and share things and thoughts with others , now I have the proof - again- they're just not worth it ,
    Anyway , I hope you all enjoy the things you do , and I'll try to pick up the thread again

Hi Philip, I share your pain in this huge loss. I too was a victim of having a valuable collection stolen--thankfully I wasn't actively collecting Militaria at the time but-it still hurts like hell. I had 10 3-foot boxes stuffed full of Comic Books-at the time of theft-I estimated my collection to be worth in excess of $35,000-and by todays prices-I am sure it's well-over $100,000. Also stolen-three boxes with 3,500 art and other cards stolen. I have no clue what these are worth now but-back in 1994-they would have easily been valued at about $10,000. Over the years guns have been stolen from me as well as other items. I also forgot to mention that I also had a large movie poster collection stoln from me as well. I have no concept on its value but know that it was in the several thousands catagory.

I share your pain Mate. Also, I hope they catch those sticky-fingered sons of female canines at and string them up with piano wire. I HATE all thieves.

Take care and Cheers.

There are some real scum out there. Couldn't be arsed to get any qualifications, ended up earning no money in a dead end job so steal other peoples property to make money. Filth the lot of them.

Steve T

?

I totally agree with you guys , we work all year to gather some extra money , the scum goes out on the path for one single night , and they got what they want , and who stops them , not even the law , because innocent untill proven guilty , that's what I've been told , I need to proof they got my stuff , what a crazy world we're living in

Quote by philip View Post
    I totally agree with you guys , we work all year to gather some extra money , the scum goes out on the path for one single night , and they got what they want , and who stops them , not even the law , because innocent untill proven guilty , that's what I've been told , I need to proof they got my stuff , what a crazy world we're living in
    Well Philip, i was a law officer for many years and there is not a day that goes by that i DO NOT regret putting someone under arrest for un-lawful acts. This is the reason why we joined law enforcement. Not for the money not for honor but to put the law in effect!! I did everything i could to keep people and property safe from bad people. I even took a bullet to protect.

Proof, in your case of of stolen goods all we need is a single item for an arrest. If the suspect said he did not know it was stolen then the suspect is detained until we cannot prove that he is involved with the crime. If you have not ever been involved with the law then don't ever disrespect it.

You are not alone feeling that you have been victimized. Even as a law officer my house was burglarized 2 days after Christmas. Stolen was my 4 and 6 year old son's toys, my electronic equipment, money, firearms, military collectibles and worst of all my police dept's equipment that i was not to be taking home including my service firearm.

So you see you in respect of criminals choosing you as a victim you can be lucky that he did not do nothing more than being a thief.

Tyrone

Carlos Daniel Ramos
    ?

that s a real big lost , I hope you catch those bastars, make use of the MG if you cath them .

I am sorry for your loss!

I lost two uniforms to a gang of young gangsters four years ago, they broke into the cellar where I stored parts of my collection, took two uniforms and by force ripped the awards off a third uniform. Luckily, I had insurance that covered the loss - and the insurance company paid "present day price", ie what it would cost to buy a similar uniform to replace.

What hurts though, and makes me furious, I had a "acquaintance" who losely knew some members of this gang (they had a criminal record as long as a roll of toilet paper) and he stated that he had seen one of the uniforms later, in the apartment of one of the persons - but he was too afraid for these criminal persons retaliation to tell me the name and location.

dave34
    ?

Just got myself a fireproof 600kg safe, just 8 years old!
    And the price...just move it outta here.

dave34
    ?

I feel with you and will keep eyes and ears open up here.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast