Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Thanks to this Forum and Member Jersey....

Article about: Well Thanks to this Great Forum, I have been in contact with Damien from Jersey, I would not have known him had it not been for this place. Damien has been very helpful, and due to him, I no

?

Default Thanks to this Forum and Member Jersey....

Well Thanks to this Great Forum, I have been in contact with Damien from Jersey, I would not have known him had it not been for this place. Damien has been very helpful, and due to him, I now have some items I have always wanted, but have never seen in Canada for sale!! I have wanted a WW2 Canadian Red Cross POW box for many years, well now I have 3 different ones!!
    These are for my own collection, however these will be loaned out to Historical Societies and Museums from time to time for their displays...sharing Knowledge with the public as we collectors here do with each other.
    I never knew that the Red Cross sent in a ship to the Island during the war..not only do I have some great pieces, but I have learned more about a part of the War I knew Little about.
    So again, Thank you to the Forum, and a special Thank You to Damien !!!!

After all, this I is what the forum is all about!!

Now I have to find a WW1 Canadian Red Cross Box!! LOL

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

INS1 002.jpgINS1 003.jpgINS1 004.jpgINS1 005.jpg

?

Congratulations a first for me Dean seeing these a very cool pick up I imagine do to the nature of the construction of these and there intended use that very few survived the war intact I assume these type of boxes would have been sent to POW's in the Stalags in Europe as well.

Regards Mark

?

Yes they were to be sent to POW camps, however I am sure many found their way to other places where they were needed.
    As I said, I have never seen one for sale in Canada.
    I think these would be very interesting to the public, as I am sure most that do not collect, even relize that these things exsist, and that they saved many lives.
    These are just so great to have an show!!

Dean O

?

Thanks for sharing them with us Dean I have heard of these parcels being issued to POW's and have seen reference to them in the occasional film these will look great displayed .

Regards Mark

?

Great items, something really unique!

?

Those are fantastic pieces of history. In my research about my Uncle Joe's time in Stalag 17B all the books I have read about Stalag 17B and word of mouth from a prisoner there is that these were rarely handed out and when they did get them they would be split between several POW's. I have always wished to see exactly what they looked like. The Gent who was with my uncle in Stalag 17B said the Guards would always stab their bayonets into the canned good so that they would have to eat them before the food spoiled. That way they could not stock up and use as a source of food if they tried to escape.Thank you so much for sharing the pic of those Parcels!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

These are really great to have, fantastic. Congrats on such beautiful items.

?

Thanks Guys!! I now also have a KLIM Can also!!!

DEan O