Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

There and Back Again, the story of the C Section, 3rd FA Red Cross Flag - from Western Australia, to Gallipoli, to Western Canada, and back again.

Article about: There and Back Again; The Incredible Journey of the C Section, 3rd Field Ambulance Red Cross Flag, from Western Australia, to the first wave at Gallipoli, to Edmonton (Canada), and back agai

No worries, it's the least I can do.

?

Thanks Glenn! I'm looking forward to seeing the display on ANZAC Day!

did you give the flag ? or sell it ? peter jackson has done the same with flags and other things but donates them here in new zealand

?

Quote by panzer2 View Post
    did you give the flag ? or sell it ? peter jackson has done the same with flags and other things but donates them here in new zealand
    The flag has been loaned to the Historical Society and they want to raise funds to cover the costs of acquisition, conservation and display through the next 6 months, cost of a traveling display through the end of 2018 and then a permanent conservation and display.

I wish I had Peter Jacskons bank account and lived in New Zealand. Alas I live in the frozen wastelands of Northern Canada and own a tire shop.

Quote by DougB View Post
    The flag has been loaned to the Historical Society and they want to raise funds to cover the costs of acquisition, conservation and display through the next 6 months, cost of a traveling display through the end of 2018 and then a permanent conservation and display.

I wish I had Peter Jacskons bank account and lived in New Zealand. Alas I live in the frozen wastelands of Northern Canada and own a tire shop.
    hhhhha well your bank account will do me fine ! , peter has one of the biggist collections in the world , i have seen it , he all so has a museum open to the public that has gorings cap tunic , you name it , planes / a working 88 gun , Lord Ashcroft has donated medals here all so

Peter Jackson sounds like a terrific bloke and its great that he can afford to do this kind of thing but I think what Doug has done is pretty special. There are plenty who would be in a position to afford to do something like this that wouldn't, just look at how few have donated to try to keep the flag here in Oz, no one is asking for an arm or leg but it's like pulling teeth so I think Doug's generosity is bloody fantastic.

?

One way or another this flag is staying down under. It's where it belongs.

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    just look at how few have donated.
    Too true, looking on the ACF website just now I see 9 supporters listed (including Doug who bought the flag in the first place).

Given that this thread alone has had 668 views, it appears that alot of folks must have spiders in their wallets.

Donated, and personally moved by Doug's generosity and commitment to his cousins down under. Thank you Doug, you Sir are scholar and a gentleman! Should read 10 donations, now!

CBH
    ?

Any News on this Flag ? I found it an interesting post and hope Doug all the best . He is missed here .
    Cheers Chris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3