Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Third Reich collecting in Australia is done.

Article about: The Australian government has passed a bill making all German related artifacts illegal now to own, sell, trade/import. No attempt was made to give any exemption or time to be allowed to sel

That's the hole problem. The ban was not thought out from all aspects. The bill was just thought up. No open public discussions. No mention of other factions. e.i Japn, Italy, Russia ect. As you've stated also did horrendous war crimes but has not been mentioned in the bill.
    Honestly, It will probably only take one polition to say they're offended with something for the law to be quickly put up for approval.. Its such a grey area that its making 0 sense what so ever. One of their argument is that the Neo N***s are profiting from German items. (Which ever since I've started collecting, Not once have I ever met one)

This is all just ridiculous.

?

Quote by Jimmy907 View Post
    This is all just ridiculous.
    Totally

Let's erase history, destroy artifacts that heroes liberated, brought back and preserved to show they defeated tyranny. Should we forget all the Jews and humans the Nazi Party and its allies pillaged and destroyed so some political minority can check a box? Destroy it all now and the future generations won't have any reference because they have been conditioned like sheep to turn away from past genocide and sin. The world has gone mad and unfortunately soft.

My 10 cents,

Rossi
    Last edited by Rossi; 12-07-2023 at 08:07 AM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Beautiful summery Rossi.
    I for one don't like the government telling me to do something that isn't harming anyone or doing anything wrong.
    Although I won't probably be able to continue to buy more stuff or sell, It's not going to stop my love and passion for collecting and history. Stuff em.

Considering what's going on in the Middle East and around the world with these asinine protests, is the Palestinian flag banned ????. Unfortunatly the world is full of whiners and crybabys that whenever their mangina gets hurt they push their beliefs on the rest of us, if it offends you, don't look at it!!!

Bill
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

Hello gentlemen,

Politicians definitely don't stop writing stupid laws. In France we are following the same path.
    They do not realize that by doing so they are favoring the "black market" and that if a terrorist wants to obtain a weapon, it will certainly not be a Mauser or a Sten.
    In France, the law is so restrictive in terms of weapons that you can hardly buy a collector's weapon in good condition, they even go so far as to ban black powder weapons, but on the other hand, they authorize tobacco shops to sell ammunition. The world is walking on its head.

As a WW2 collectors items, I am very desolate for you Australian collectors.

Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

?

An absolute disgrace by Australian authorities. Weak minded symbolism at best to appease who exactly?

The demand nowadays for racism and neo nazis far outweighs the supply. What a joke.

Well, if it's about a certain nation having committed war crimes and crimes against humanity, or even genocide, and therefore their symbols have to be banned, then that would affect almost all nations in the world. Not just the Japanese and Russians, besides the Germans! What about the English and Australians and what they did to the indigenous people of Australia and New Zealand? Or what the English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Dutch did to the native peoples of the American continent? What about the millions of black people who were kidnapped from Africa and brutally murdered in the hundreds of thousands? Who did this? What about the colonialism of European nations anyway? What about the US wars? What about the Turkish genocide of 1.5 million Armenians? You could go on like this forever and you would probably have to "ban" the national symbols of most of the world's peoples... So this bill is just ridiculous!

This is one of the arguments that one of the legal advisors is planning on mentioning. The new law seems unfair as they're not addressing these other problems.. I know with the people in my collecting group is mentioning (As with most WWII collectors, they often collect more then just German items)
    The fact they're singling out the Germans as the ones whom only did wrong things and not mentioning all the other countries you've mentioned, This law seems just stupid and unfair.

Wenians? You could go on like this forever anutd you wouill is just ridild probably have to "ban" the ell, if it's about a certain nation having committed war crimes and crimes against humanity, or even genocide, and therefore their symbols have to be banned, then that would affect almost all nations in the world. Not just the Japanese and Russians, besides the Germans! What about the English and Australians and what they did to the indigenous people of Australia and New Zealand? Or what the English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Dutch did to the native peoples of the American continent? What about the millions of black people who were kidnapped from Africa and brutally murdered in the hundreds of thousands? Who did this? What about the colonialism of European nations anyway? What abo the US wars? What about the Turkish genocide of 1.5 million Armnational symbols of most of the world's peoples... So this is ridiculous!

It's the nature of man to kill and destroy; sad.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast