Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thoughts to our American cousins after the events of today.

Article about: A sad, terrible day that makes any sane person step back and say why. The news is now reporting that the 20 year old who commited this killed his mother who was a teacher at this school. All

Default Re: Thoughts to our American cousins after the events of today.

May God bless those little children and their parents! I'll be hugging my kids more than usual today. Thank you, Adrian, for starting the thread.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

I wonder why this man's mother, who was well aware that he had serious mental problems, allowed him to live in her house with pistols and ammunition not in a secure place where he wouild have been unable to get to them. She certainly must bear some fault in this terrible trajedy. New gun laws would not have averted this happening.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I wonder why this man's mother, who was well aware that he had serious mental problems, allowed him to live in her house with pistols and ammunition not in a secure place where he wouild have been unable to get to them. She certainly must bear some fault in this terrible trajedy. New gun laws would not have averted this happening.
    Until mental health records are crossed referenced with NICS , this type of tradgedy will happen again. Currently mental health privacy laws trumping firearm back ground checks is the norm.
    Regards,
    John

Sandgroper: Thank you for that. I genuinely appreciate your opinon. This was (is) a terrble thing and I think all Americans should feel ashamed that it happened. Dwight

?

This is disgusting. I cant help but sadly think about how excited these kids were for X-mas....parents telling them this would be there last day of school before Santa came. What is wrong with people.
    To top it off, these poor parents have to wait to get there babies home, as Police will not release the deceased, as it is an ongoing investigation. They are hoping by Sunday it will be cleared. R.I.P. little ones. Another sad day for America

?

I felt sick when I heard about this early this morning.
    That feeling still persists, and it's mid afternoon.
    My young ones are asking why I am so clingy all of a sudden.

Brad.

Is it too much to ask to leave the politics out of this? Adrian began a very nice thread in tribute to those lives lost and as well wishes for them from him and all members of the forum from outside of the States. Lets not turn this tribute thread into a political platform. Leave you political rhetoric at the log in screen. The responsibility lies squarely on the shoulders of the SOB who pulled the trigger. Please, remember that those of us with children are holding them a little tighter, hugging them a little longer and kissing them a lot more often tonight. There are twenty or so families in Connecticut who will not be doing that tonight or any other night. They have to go home and listen to the silence. No more stomping of little feet running, no more hugs when daddy or mommy comes home at night, a brother or sister with one less sibling. No more giggles and silly laughs. No more pillow fights and bedtime stories. Silence and emptiness, perhaps forever. So save the anti-gun and more gun law politics for another thread. Keep this thread for tributes and prayers. I'm sure the families could give a damn about laws and background checks as their child lies in a funeral home. All the laws in the world won't bring back their children.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
    Our Lord is with thee.
    Blessed art thou among women,
    and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
    Jesus.
    Holy Mary, Mother of God,
    pray for us sinners,
    now and at the hour of our death.
    Amen.

?

Amen
    Regards,
    John

Quote by daniel1234 View Post
    Such a shame that so many children died when they had so many years ahead of them.
    may they rest in peace and never be forgotten. I hope one day the gun laws will be more harsh in America to prevent further examples of tragedies happening.
    It's not a gun control issue, but a mental health issue!!!! I'm in LE and reports are that he used his Mother's REGISTERED handguns! He killed her and stole her guns for the horrific act! He is also reported to have been mentally disabled. Only around 2% of gun crimes are committed by LEGALLY registered gun owners in the US. He was not one! More needs to be done to institutionalize these ill people! And I used to live 10 minutes from the shooting! TY for your well wishes! Keep politics out, especially if you don't know what you're talking about!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast