Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknow german leather jacket

Article about: Hello everyone on the forum! It 's my first post, and not knowing where to start posting I chose this section, I hope not it wrong! I explain my doubt. I have a German leather jacket, which

?

Default Unknow german leather jacket

Hello everyone on the forum!

It 's my first post, and not knowing where to start posting I chose this section, I hope not it wrong!

I explain my doubt.
    I have a German leather jacket, which was donated by a German Commissioner to my grandfather in the 60's.
    The problem is that this jacket does not have any kind of labels (no brands or size labels).
    In addition the buttons present are covered with skin and do not have no symbol behind essi.La jacket has only three buttons, but the style looks military.

It 'possible that he was a Nazi jacket that all the labels were removed after the war? Or is it a jacket produced after the war?
    It is also a military model / police or civilian is?

Unfortunately I do not have much information about, belonging that was given to my grandfather by this commissioner of kriminal polizei.

Thank you all for availability.

P.S: sorry for my english....
    P.P.S: I noticed that the collar seams are similar to those: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...jacket-004.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Other picture's
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry but that is a civilian coat, that type of stitching is quite common on collars, i have a motorcycle jacket with similar stitching!...

CBH
    ?

Military leather coats have dagger hangers , pistol pockets and grommets on the shoulders for the screw on shoulder boards .

Gunny is correct , civilian coat . Welcome to the forum .

?

Thank you guys!

As for the date of manufacture and think either before or after the war?
    For the brand instead?

Thanks so much

CBH
    ?

Check inside all the pockets for labels and look at the backside of the buttons .

Another trait of Military leather coats is the split to lower rear , usually with a button closer , so the wearing could ride horses or motorcycles etc.

I'd think your coat would be a late 50's early 60's manufacture . But the construction hasn't changed that much .

MAP
    ?

With any labeling that might have been removed, it would be near impossible to determine date of manufacture. Logically speaking, It does not appear to be an uncommon design and I would thus suspect this style and period of manufacturing would transcend pre and post war.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)