Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unloved relics

Article about: Bullet casings. Every WWII relic hunter finds them, and most go unappreciated. They get thrown into jars, left in coffee cans, or not even brought home at all. I love these things! Who could

Default Unloved relics

Bullet casings. Every WWII relic hunter finds them, and most go unappreciated. They get thrown into jars, left in coffee cans, or not even brought home at all. I love these things! Who could leave them behind?

20210422_191821.jpg

Above is a mixture of German, English and American casings dug from positions in the Ardennes. Most are in poor condition, but the head stamps readable. The majority of them are German, and several show signs of being shot from an MG42. All German casings date pre-1939, but the lacquered steel casings could be later, as the stamps are not legible on these. A few 9mm German stamps are present as well.

The british casings are mostly from the Royal Ordnance factory, and are predominately dated 1943.

The American casings come from Lake City, Denver and Des Moines.

There is one French casing as well, and one from Czechoslovakia dated 1938. I believe both were used by the Germans.

I'll have to get more headstamp pics.
    Last edited by rbminis; 04-23-2021 at 07:51 PM.

I have edited your post.
    There is no soliciting in the discussion part of the forum.
    If you are searching for something, please post a want ad in the Classifieds section.
    Wanted- German Militaria - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I have edited your post.
    There is no soliciting in the discussion part of the forum.
    If you are searching for something, please post a want ad in the Classifieds section.
    Wanted- German Militaria - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics
    Ralph.
    Sorry, I didn't really think about that. 😬