Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Urgent help needed

Article about: Hi all New to this group. I'm getting horridly stressed as I'm getting some really conflicting opinions on a piece of artwork that I have invested serious time in. It now seems that I may ha

Default Urgent help needed

Hi all
    New to this group. I'm getting horridly stressed as I'm getting some really conflicting opinions on a piece of artwork that I have invested serious time in. It now seems that I may have an illegal weapon, despite there being nothing but a rusted to hell handle and 'back bit - receiver' to my mg34.
    Can someone please help as it is due to go on exhibition this week and I do not want it confiscated or to be arrested!

I found this in Normandy 17yrs ago. The bit of body is empty inside. no traces of even a spring..

Default Re: Urgent help needed

Depending of the country the exibition is in...
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Depending of the country the exibition is in...
    |<
    Id agree there depends on country you are going to be in. Years ago there were no problems with relic weaponry but sadly in recent times things have changed. Its allways best to check first on the regulations of the host country etc to avoid any problems. Saying that if there is no live round in there and no chance of any parts moving i cant see a problem but thats the view of one collector to another and not the law, so id check things out and if not sure keep it safely at home in your collection.

Looks very de-activated to me, and safe to say this will never ever work again as a MG.

genau. meine kunstwerk bist jetzt zum england. Fr oder D, keine angst. Hier ist sehr fremd.

couldn't be more deactivated. But I've been told it needs to be striiped to be deac'ed.. friggin ridiculous!
    In case you hadn't guessed, I'm in the UK.. just don't tell anyone incase I get arrested and locked up for 7 years for an offensive piece of iron

?

It's obvious to even the most naive person that the weapon is incapable of being fired for so many reasons but unfortunately in this day and age common sense sems to be over-ruled by bureaucracy and red tape.
    It might be worth a phone call to your local constabulary to clarify the situation and bear in mind that how guns laws are applied varies between counties and individuals.
    I would be fairly certain it shouldn't be a problem. You can own a de-act without needing to notify the police and they are much more complete weapons than the above so I personally wouldn't worry too much. Would you need to notify the police if you had a rusty barrel or a woodworm riddled stock?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....