Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Virtual tour of the Vancouver Island Military Museum

Article about: You are welcome Rene Steve I wish I had a little more time to photograph the medals in detail perhaps my next trip home I will see about adding a little more to the thread. Regards Mark

?

Default Virtual tour of the Vancouver Island Military Museum

Gents I went for another little tour of are local military museum here in Nanaimo yesterday and thought I would share a few images some of the picture's are not the best I am afraid but it is very hard to take decent pictures through glass.
    For the most part it is a Canadian military Museum but they do have a few TR and Japanese displays.
    I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Dean (Camp X) who kindly sent me a couple of war time dated RCAF tunics to donate to the museum they were quite happy to receive them as the majority of the RCAF tunics in there collection are post war.
    I have donated items to are local museum in the past and noticed yesterday that two of the items were out on display a cap badge to the 1 Can Para Batt which is displayed on the Para beret of Tommy Prince who was also a member of the FSSF and a early gas mask bag that is displayed on the gunner sitting behind the vickers.

Regards Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Nice museum.

?

That looks like a nice place to visit,there`s another one near there too Mark,have you been to this one?...Pete.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Great photos mate!..

?

Hi Steve and Pete thanks for the comments I am some what of a regular at the museum and have visited it many times in the past always something new to see there .
    And I do know of this museum Pete I just have not had the time to go there yet I hear it is rather good though.

Thanx Gunny I can spend hours in there wandering I recieved a tour once of there storage area boxes upon boxes of military and more uniforms than one could count hanging in rows.

Regards Mark

?

Excellent photos of an excellent places love all those medals...My favs amongest them the DCM.. Thanks for the photos. Cheers Terry.

Great looking place to visit Mark,nice images as well...........

great pics .

Some nice bits there. I like all the medals as well.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks for the tour Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast