Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Website thoughts

Article about: I've decided to save up my money for some nice things, specifically a nice Lufty helmet. I've found a certain website that seems to have many things, but doesn't allow paypal. The website is

Default Website thoughts

I've decided to save up my money for some nice things, specifically a nice Lufty helmet. I've found a certain website that seems to have many things, but doesn't allow paypal. The website is called ww2germanmilitaria. If anyone has opinions on this website, and if it's honest or a scam, do tell me.
    I've also been looking at, what I think, are honest website such as The Ruptured Duck, IMA USA, and Espenlaub. All comments will be appreciated.
    Lastly, I've been looking at getting a book, but I would like to know which is the best one. The one my eyes are set on are 'Helmet Decals of the Third Reich' as it seems to be the most helpful, but I'd like to hear your opinions.

Please and thank you,
    Mason.

I'd be wary of any website that doesn't allow PayPal. It's the most secure payment method there is, and they'll gladly chase up a refund if you get conned. Wait for other opinions on the site, as there may be some here who have dealt with them, but my first instinct would be to avoid any dealer that doesn't use PayPal.

The Ruptured Duck and Espenlaub are both trustworthy, with a deserved good reputation. I've dealt with both, and can recommend both. I've heard good things about IMA, but have never dealt with them before. Over time, you get to know which dealers to trust, and which to check back with often.

With reference books, you're best off investing in books that cover an area your collecting will be focused on. If you're going to collect a lot of German lids, that book would be an excellent cornerstone for your reference library. Every collector should have at least one good reference book, IMO.

Regards, B.B.

It would seem logical to me to start seeing dealers get away from accepting PP do to their policy against TR and some firearm related items. I don't personally know if this thread is 100% truth but it's something we should all be aware of.

BEWARE of PAYPAL ! - P 38 & PP-PPK Collector Forum

Policy on TR
    what is'-'paypal'''s'-'policy'-'regarding'-'payments'-'for'-'goods'-'and'-'services'-'that'-'may'-'promote'-'hate',''-'violence',''-'or'-'intolerance

With this in mind I wouldn't condemn any dealer solely on their accepted payment methods. It might just be good business practice for them to avoid PP all together.

Kirby