Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

What ONE piece in your collection do you wish could talk?

Article about: Hey all, What is the one item in your whole collection that you wished could talk to you? You know, it is so intriguing and you just don't know why it is like that ( and will never know ) bu

Default What ONE piece in your collection do you wish could talk?

Hey all,

What is the one item in your whole collection that you wished could talk to you?
    You know, it is so intriguing and you just don't know why it is like that ( and will never know ) but it bugs you that it will always be a mystery .....

Here is mine - an aluminium Heer buckle repurposed ( I assume ) by a Russian victor using a guards badge and a 2 Pfennig coin!!!

What for? ... would the commissar shoot him for it? was it a German who did it to show a defeat of an elite member of a guards unit? Would a German be punished for defacing a belt buckle ( note the pebbling has also been scratched smooth..... and its a dug relic!!
    thrown away or the owner shot??? ........... what stories it could tell!!!!!

Start the opinions and show me what you have!

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

This.........what, why/where, when..........

What: Volume is too small for beer, too big for liquor, the right size for a normal portion of wine but to robust and massive. Maybe just for a glass of water?

Why/where: A Hotel? A headquarters? Not NSDAP as the eagle is wrong. Heer? Kriegsmarine?

When: Well a prior thread confirmed it as leaded glass/crystal and possibly from Germany/Czech area and made around that period.

Heer Goblet 20.jpg
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Wot yer stuff don't talk?

Good thread for a change round here!

If it had to be one item then it would be the Vietnam era 101st airborne 65-66 dated lighter since it's such a personalized item and during that time period the 101st saw a lot of action throughout the country. While I know this encompasses multiple items a close second would have to be any of the named helmets I have.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is mine!
    I got two BWM's to Belgian agents, but would like this particular one, to talk to me.
    I know most essential stuff about here, but like to know more.
    Here sister, who also got a BWM, even got British Empire Medal, but that is all I know....
    I would like to know who they were, where they lived and the full story.
    Especialy becouse from the same place , also came a (very nice)Prussian artillery officer pickehaube, with a Dutch time news paper page, fold into the sweat band (to ajust the helmet), with a spy news story on it.
    Sadly the story is to vague to be related to the BWM holder...still I think it is.

RIMG9782.jpg
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by MAP View Post
    This.........what, why/where, when..........

What: Volume is too small for beer, too big for liquor, the right size for a normal portion of wine but to robust and massive. Maybe just for a glass of water?

Why/where: A Hotel? A headquarters? Not NSDAP as the eagle is wrong. Heer? Kriegsmarine?

When: Well a prior thread confirmed it as leaded glass/crystal and possibly from Germany/Czech area and made around that period.

Heer Goblet 20.jpg
    ...a urn ! ??
    No? ...okay...just joking! (lol!)
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Okie out of my rubbish junk pile I'll whack in this Turkish shrapnel piece that was brought back by a WW1 Gallipoli veteran! Hunt

Hate to have that chunk of driving band come hurtling at me!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

hello friends it would be interesting for me if he could speak this auxiliary sight (Vorsatzfernrohr zur MG Zieleinrichtung.) who knows how many saw or not seen terrible things ....IMG_20200614_233721.jpgIMG_20200615_143027.jpgVMGZ_2.jpg

?

Hi Dan,
    This was a popular practical ‘souvenir’, created by Red Army soldiers and partisans in the field. Often the central motif was filed (sometimes retaining the wreath, if a Luftwaffe buckle), or hammered flat and cut into various designs - frequently a star - or an insignia added, such as a cap star.
    I’ve never seen one fitted with a Guards badge before. Very nice!

Lovely find and definitely worth talking to!

I wouldn’t know where to start with my collection.. I’ll have to give it some thought..

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast