Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast

What are you currently reading?

Article about: I always enjoy stumbling on good books that I haven't read or noticed before. Please share the book or books that you are currently reading . I'm sorry if a thread of this sort has already b

Dos
    ?

Always wondered how Deschler & Sohne operated. Very interesting and recommended. A lot of period photographs inside the factory!

-Dos

71QKt2xFcVL.jpg

?

I have just finished this one , Its not bad , takes a while to get interesting as the 1st quarter to half just seems to quote figures & numbers from the Leibstandarte - SS Adolf Hilter service records.
    Really the most interesting accounts are from other members of the Leistandarte .
    It's a gushing tribute to Joachim Pieper all throughout. I still found it strange reading the memoirs of someone so battle hardened over 4 years (41-45) of constant hard close combat fighting that is completely lacking in any real emotion expressed in writing . It's so matter of fact , just another day at war , no complaints , no fear talked about , just the end of the days tally.
    I don't really know what to make of it. The author to my mind was more Machine than Man in my perception .
    Cheers Rick

Attachment 1486631

Attachment 1486632

I finished Voices of the Pacific last week. That was a very good book to round out my Pacific theater memoirs. I decided to partially stay in that topic area and started Chesty: The Story of Lieutenant General Lewis B. Puller, USMC. I'm not very far into it yet, but I'm enjoying it already.

Chesty.PNG

TWS
    ?

Default The German Panzer Assault Badge of World War II

Finally! I was able to pick up both volumes of Philippe De Bock's work. I'd been looking for a very long time but was turned off by excessive auction bidders and dealers who were trying to obtain a premium for them. I found them listed for a fair price and they came directly from the source.

DSCN1878.jpgDSCN1879.jpg
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Default D-Day Through German eyes. How the Wehrmacht Lost France

Have just finished this and it was quite an eye opener. I recommend this book to anyone that wants to see the other side of D-Day.

61tOKsXcLPL.jpg

I will need to add another of his books to my list, To VE-Day Through German Eyes: The Final Defeat of Nazi Germany.

Ken

Wilko, thanks for the review of D-Day Through German Eyes. I've had that on my e-reader for a while and haven't made it around to reading it yet. Good to know it's worth the time!

-Robyn

About to finish this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast