Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is your controversial item

Article about: Hello everyone, today I would like to see your controversial items. For example KZ items, SD items or schuma, NKVD and confederate items, mine controversial item is my militsya special force

?

Default What is your controversial item

Hello everyone, today I would like to see your controversial items. For example KZ items, SD items or schuma, NKVD and confederate items, mine controversial item is my militsya special force “Riga OMON” beret. Raul

Lately it seems that every piece I buy becomes controversial.
    The wife gets nervous when money is tight.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Even the most innocuous and innocent of military-related items is bound to raise temperatures and looks of horror amongst the 'snowflake' generation of today.

If we're talking specifically about KZ-related items, I have a few pieces. Not something I go out of my way to find, but I've picked a few up over the last couple of years.

20 Kronen note issued in the Theresienstadt ghetto.

IMG_2340[1].jpgIMG_2343[1].jpg

Identity card issued to an Eastern Worker in 1945.

IMG_2432[1].jpgIMG_2433[1].jpg

Regards, B.B.

I have photos from an unknown Concentration Camp that a Soldier brought back. Never published or seen before.

Out of respect for those who lost their lives I won't post the photos of the horse drawn carts with the bodies..

There are 13 photos total.

These photos show American Soldier's standing in front of posts that I assume were used for executions, and one photo shows a photo of the barracks compound, unknown if these were prisoner barracks or barracks for guards and finally one photo shows in the distance rail cars that appear to have been burned.

The camp appears to be at the base of some mountains in a wooded area. This may have been a work camp but again this is just speculation as there were most likely hundreds of these undocumented slave labor lagers spread throughout the continent...

Smitty
    Attached Images Attached Images

While not necessarily controversial, the second item is more of an oddity I suppose- shrapnel removed from a “Sgt A.W. Marshall” with note suggesting he survived. Although I have no further information it’s something I’d like to research as theater, time period unknown.

And the previous photos show barbed wire and two unmatched 1/4 Polizei ekm’s found by a friend in a horde of approximately 300 cut tags at a camp in the Netherlands.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MilitariaMatt; 01-02-2020 at 03:12 AM.

If nothing else, those shrapnel pieces are an interesting piece of medical history.

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    If nothing else, those shrapnel pieces are an interesting piece of medical history.

B.B.
    You’re right, and certainly a conversation piece.
    It’s the no.1 question I’m always asked by visitors “Why do you have that” haha

Anything that has been displayed in a collection outside of this forum..and I echo Harrys thoughts ...always brings gasps of " Why do you have this or collect it? "

Then my answer would be..." Who then is worthy to collect or study it...are we all not doctors of what passion we have in the hobbies we enjoy? "

Is there someone above or below me that is allowable..or should I just not collect it because you know me and it makes you uncomfortable.
    The door is over there and i am no different than anyone else in what interests them ...at least I report history and not hide it as you want me to be a denier"

If you are embarrassed of me ..then leave.

From that point the tone changes and I tell them...if you want to know the real truth of what happened during that time period..you are welcome to ask as many questions...but first we will get past what the left minded liberals want you to think and how you should judge others because of their immoral agendas.

With that is the beginning of knowledge of these blinded by the left people ....really see if they want to understand.
    Pisses me off to no end when they come and judge.

I could post a tinnie here on this thread and it still would be controversial because of a swastika.
    Our collections..every last bit of it is controversial...but I understand Rauls thoughts in starting this thread ..which is commendable .

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

No, what I meant by controversial item is a item with a pretty dark past. For example a helmet owned by a executioner, or a KZ guards cap and maybe a ogpu tunic. Raul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast