Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What is your holy grail of collecting?

Article about: Evening, Just interested to know what everyone's holy grail of militaria collecting is? Personally, mine would be a Waffen Ss officers cap, but at present I would settle for a Heer officers

Quote by Luftwaffe 1941 View Post
    I’m not sure if this qualifies for this thread or not, but when I found this in my neighbors attic I felt as if I found the actual holy grail.

Got an adrenaline rush like you wouldn’t believe!

Attachment 1530933
    Wow, that's crazy! How did you come across this? Great score.

MAP
    ?

It changes every time I acquire my last Holy Grail! LoL

My next HG will be an issued and worn KC with a nicely used neck ribbon. It should look just like this....now...just to find one

KCL12wribbonbigloop1.jpg
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The list could go on and on... but for right now if I could find it, is a simple M42 beaded luftschutz with a decal. been looking forever to find one.

The question is not so easy to answer. I own different holy grails for example the M42 Ventless, Shells size 70 and higher, MK in the 1933 version or the M16 First pattern. My personly biggest holy grail is the 1940 dated UDF MK2 in used condition. For the future a complete british Paratrooper helmet is the Passion for me and I will Never give up until I found one
    BR
    Bavarian

?

I am dreaming about having a Lappland Schild in my collection. Always wanted one so I guess thats my holy grail (if anyone got one for sale or donation please let me know )
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

RTH
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Mines this and sadly it's not running!
    rene, there is a guy who owns a running jeep near where I live. Brought it out of hiding for VE day. Looked insane, I hope you can get yours running

RTH
    ?

Be interested to know if there is many still around. The Graf Spee eagle is still around is it not? What actually would be a good price for a Stg 44 or say an MP40? On another thread I saw one for $30,000 USD!

Quote by RTH View Post
    rene, there is a guy who owns a running jeep near where I live. Brought it out of hiding for VE day. Looked insane, I hope you can get yours running
    One day? had lots of fun when it was, nearly fell out of it with 10 of us on it!!!! plus more naughty antics

Note the bent bumper

Just some side info, Elmers parents must have been Swedish.
    Elmer Rognander Lundgren sounds 100 percent like a Swedish name to me.

Great items!

RTH
    ?

Quote by sweersz View Post
    Wow, that's crazy! How did you come across this? Great score.
    Yes seriously, everyone seems to have such luck!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast