Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What is your holy grail of collecting?

Article about: Evening, Just interested to know what everyone's holy grail of militaria collecting is? Personally, mine would be a Waffen Ss officers cap, but at present I would settle for a Heer officers

Quote by RTH View Post
    What actually would be a good price for a Stg 44 or say an MP40? On another thread I saw one for $30,000 USD!
    $30K for an StG 44 is not a bad deal as crazy as that sounds, haha. MP40s are worth less but I'd say $20K or under for one would also be a good deal, especially if it's all original (not with an American tube). As much as I want to buy either, it is still a ton of money and I really do think I'd have trouble spending that, haha. For now I'm just sticking with mutual funds.

MAP
    ?

Quote by sweersz View Post
    $30K for an StG 44 is not a bad deal as crazy as that sounds, haha. MP40s are worth less but I'd say $20K or under for one would also be a good deal, especially if it's all original (not with an American tube). As much as I want to buy either, it is still a ton of money and I really do think I'd have trouble spending that, haha. For now I'm just sticking with mutual funds.
    Very wise! Build for the future!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by sweersz View Post
    Wow, that's crazy! How did you come across this? Great score.
    My neighbor overheard one day that I collect WWII artifacts. She told me her father served with the European civil affairs division during WWII, and that he brought back a 'Nazi' uniform. She said the thing always gave her the creeps so she put it in a bag and threw it in her attic. She invited me over to look for it and after 15 minuets or so of searching I found it. She told me I could have it if I just gave her a hand with some work around her house.

So I essentially got this tunic in exchange for some vacuuming, stain removal, and driveway/patio pressure washing!

That's so awesome!!

I got really lucky this year and was able to cross one of mine off the list when I
    found the miniature Pour Le Merite. I still am looking for an original 1813 Eisernes Kreuz 1cl.

My first true collecting bug was fighting knives and I still would like to find a V42 stilleto and
    a original SOG recon bowie.

PS--if someone were to wave a ww2 Randal in front of me, i probably wouldn't ture it down
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Another holy grail for me is the A2 jacket!

My holy grail find that I will never top was my model 5 find from last year. While neither of these would be holy grails if I found them, a USMC WW2 M1 or a camo Imperial german helmet have been at the top of my list for years. When I do find one, I'm always a minute late.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This be my next Grail!

?

This would be mine.. (fat chance.. but that’s the point of a holy grail, I guess)!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by Kohima View Post
    This would be mine.. (fat chance.. but that’s the point of a holy grail, I guess)!
    wot is this yours Mate?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast