Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What is your holy grail of collecting?

Article about: Evening, Just interested to know what everyone's holy grail of militaria collecting is? Personally, mine would be a Waffen Ss officers cap, but at present I would settle for a Heer officers

RTH
    ?

Default What is your holy grail of collecting?

Evening,
    Just interested to know what everyone's holy grail of militaria collecting is? Personally, mine would be a Waffen SS officers cap, but given present prices would settle for a Heer officers one. Be interested to see what it is for everyone.

EDIT: Just realised this has been done before with better rules etc. Moderators feel free to delete this thread.

RTH

Mines this and sadly it's not running!

The term "Holy Grail" to me implies something that is both very desirable and very hard to find. I consider the common items of field equipment with which a typical soldier would be familiar to be the most interesting items historically, but they are also the easiest to find. For example, a muzzle loading Enfield rifle is much more common than an 1855 Joslyn carbine, but I find the Enfield more desirable because it is more common and therefore historically more important. My gggg-grandfather was in a Confederate cavalry regiment during the WBTS, but they carried 3-band infantry type Enfields. I guess that a 3-band Enfield with confederate provenance would be my Holy Grail.

My holy grail would be a giant Nazi eagle.

eagle3.jpg

I'd also love to find a fully automatic transferable Sturmgewehr at a good price.

?
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

A Romanian WW2 Officer Visor Cap. Not many around due to the Soviets deeming them as sympathetic to the old regime. Even if they do pop up, they are usually bought up pretty fast. Thought I might have seen one at the SOS but I was unlucky. Hoping this next year will have one!

R (1).jpgR.jpg

My holy grails would be an all matching complete M31 canteen dated 1931-33 and a 2 liter canteen. Probably not as extravagant as everyone else’s but they are as rare as it gets!

I’m happy to say I own a couple of my holy grails, an orange Bakelite canteen cup and an all matching 1934 dated M31 canteen.

55DB3727-A128-4947-8446-F926083DE98E.jpgC6CD9CFE-CE6A-4DEB-8D96-342E47B07615.jpg

I’m not sure if this qualifies for this thread or not, but when I found this in my neighbors attic I felt as if I found the actual holy grail.

Got an adrenaline rush like you wouldn’t believe!

57757F7E-321D-4F78-AED0-374A2B0F8596.jpg

?

An SS Crusher like these...........

SS soft bill.jpg

ua127a-scaled.jpg
    Credit: K. Hicks
    Regards, Al

Hmm.... Holy grail of things that I want? An un-messed with SS M40 Camo, an MG42, An American JEEP, An item personally owned by the Band of Brothers...

As for things I already have, it's a draw between one of the rarest confederate officers buttons ever made (I found it metal detecting at a house J.E.B. Stuart visited) and my 3rd Great uncles musket that he carried during the Civil War. (Found at his fathers house in Pennsylvania, with a metal detector.)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast