Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

What is your "Mystery" item???

Article about: I'm sure we all have a "Mystery" item or two in our collection that we just don't know what it is? What it was for? Where it came from? But we were intrigued enough to add it to th

MAP
    ?

Default What is your "Mystery" item???

I'm sure we all have a "Mystery" item or two in our collection that we just don't know what it is? What it was for? Where it came from?

But we were intrigued enough to add it to the collection. Keep searching for answers with the hope one day we will solve the "Mystery".

So what do you have? Post away!

Here is mine.

Obviously it is a high quality crystal goblet. But from where? What was its purpose? A "one off" item? Privately made? Political? Military? Patriotic? Commissioned for someone important? Part of a set? I keep searching and hope one day I find out.

Heer Goblet 20.jpg
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

So....no one has a mystery item? Guess it's just me

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here's one I have, WW2 Aust made combat kit

?

Mine isn't as nice or fancy as yours MAP. Here is mine, I have it down to a 1955 marked Dutch coat but I can't figure out the use. I feel it is a dispatch riders jacket, it has what looks like leg loops, the inner cuffs are elastic and are nice and tight on the wrists. It is missing a inner jacket, I have found one snap from that jacket that has newey patent on it. It is 47.5" (120.5cm) long and fits my 5'11" frame perfectly. Everything screams military but I just keep coming up blanks when trying to find this jacket any place.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MAP
    ?

Nice guys! I'm clueless! But that jacket would look good on a motorcycle for sure!

Quote by M.E.E. View Post
    Mine isn't as nice or fancy as yours MAP. Here is mine, I have it down to a 1955 marked Dutch coat but I can't figure out the use. I feel it is a dispatch riders jacket, it has what looks like leg loops, the inner cuffs are elastic and are nice and tight on the wrists. It is missing a inner jacket, I have found one snap from that jacket that has newey patent on it. It is 47.5" (120.5cm) long and fits my 5'11" frame perfectly. Everything screams military but I just keep coming up blanks when trying to find this jacket any place.
    My small opinion, I think it could be a police motorbike GC? shame I can't show these pictures to my old man as he has lost his sight, he'd know as he is from Amsterdam and left there a year later '56. Maker stamp suggests to me that it's made there too? but I'm not sure hey. Just guessing!

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    My small opinion, I think it could be a police motorbike GC? shame I can't show these pictures to my old man as he has lost his sight, he'd know as he is from Amsterdam and left there a year later '56. Maker stamp suggests to me that it's made there too? but I'm not sure hey. Just guessing!
    Thanks Rene, being police is a thought I haven't looked into. I saw the green duffle cloth that matched my other Dutch great coats and just took the leap that it was military but I guess there would be no reason for surplus cloth not to be used in other applications. The snap by Newey has been found on both British and Dutch military jackets also. I have had this one for close to 10 years and have had no real luck with it but someday the mystery will be solved.