Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Who is from canada

Article about: just wondering how many members are from Canada kyle from ontario

CBH
    ?

Yes we do, there is a Gaelic Collage not too far from where I live, lots of Fiddle music and the like.
    I heard once that Cape Breton had more Gaelic speakers then Scotland at least that was the case in the 1970's.
    In the summer they have Milling Frolic's at the Highland museum in Iona Cape Breton.

?

Gaelic is a dying language here in Scotland. I come from aberdeenshire which is Doric speaking. There is at the moment a hatred towards Gaelic since the government are trying to keep it alive in places it never has historically been in . Like for my county of aberdeenshire they proposed Gaelic road signs and teaching Gaelic in schools . Which is a giant waste of money .

On another note I have a high respect for Canadians . My great grandmother worked at RAF Alness during world war 2 where she was a cook for the Canadian airman. She said they were the kindest people she had ever met . She used to have to go out on a little boat to row to the Canadians on standby in Catalinas and other sea planes

CBH
    ?

I'm from North Sydney, the slow convoys left from our harbour during WWII, also had a couple seaplane bases here, I wonder how many of the airmen your grandmother met might have left from here. Small world when you really think about it.

?

I was born in Ontario but have lived in B.C. since 1964.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Just saw this thread.
    A little reluctant to say, but I live in Brampton.

Detlef

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2