Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

1936 Olympic Souvenir Paper Flag/Pennant

Article about: I recently came across this 1936 Olympic Souvenir Paper Flag/Pennant. It is attached to a thin wooden stick on the left side that only runs the length of the flag/pennant. l have been unable

Default 1936 Olympic Souvenir Paper Flag/Pennant

I recently came across this 1936 Olympic Souvenir Paper Flag/Pennant. It is attached to a thin wooden stick on the left side that only runs the length of the flag/pennant. l have been unable to find any information on it. Can someone please help me? Also, disregard the white text on the left side. It is part of the plastic sleeve. Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1936 Olympic Souvenir Paper Flag/Pennant  

The piece measures approximately 7 x 11 inches

After further research, I believe it is a disposable parade flag on a stick, but still not sure.

MAP
    ?

Never seen one before. Interesting as it has the DRL (Deutscher Reichsbund für Leibesübungen) eagle. But with the DRL being a Sports type of organization within Germany I can see the connection.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Since this is a rare piece and I have not been able to find any information on it would you have any idea of its value?

MAP
    ?

I don't even know if it is real. Never seen one before. 36 Olympic items are rife with fantasy and forgeries.

That said, working under the assumption it is real, rare does not always = valuable. I would think this is a fairly low dollar item
    Last edited by MAP; 06-27-2021 at 02:23 AM. Reason: typo
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you for the information. I understand that rarity does not always equal valuable. I was just wondering about it since I could not find any information.

I just looked through both the summer and winter 1936 Olympic Books that were printed in Germany and I was not able to see any images of these small flags in the stands of the stadiums or along the streets. One would think that there would be at least one image of this type of flag being used..

The ink printing on the left of the flag is identical to the cover print of both the winter and summer photo books, which I suspect was copied and later transferred to the flag...

I am skeptical that these are true 1936 Olympic paper flags..

I would like to see this in use during either summer or winter Olympics to be convinced of authenticity and as MAP has indicated there are literally hundreds of fake 1936 Olympic memorabilia from porcelain bells to reproduction medals and event staff pins due to the world wide coverage of the events as well as the historic implications of Jesse Owens defeating the German Master Race myth...

Just my thoughts and observations

Smitty

?

Almost identical, from viewing this, there are some subtle differences...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1936 Olympic Souvenir Paper Flag/Pennant  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "