Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1942 Mobilgas War Horse ads

Article about: Thought Id share my 1942 Mobilgas War Horse series ads Collection Ive cropped them so people can't copy them and sell them on Ebay lol. A3 size originals. Hope you Like Cheers Rick

?

Default 1942 Mobilgas War Horse ads

Thought Id share my 1942 Mobilgas War Horse series ads Collection
    Ive cropped them so people can't copy them and sell them on Ebay lol.
    A3 size originals.
    Hope you Like
    Cheers Rick

Attachment 1406639

Attachment 1406640

Attachment 1406641

Attachment 1406642

Attachment 1406643

?

Excellent ads Rick.
    Love the horse wearing the helmet!!
    Thanks for sharing those!

Semper Fi
    Phil

My grandfather was a tanker driver for Mobil (also known as Vacuum oil) in New Zealand in the 1930's. When war was declared in 1939 the company, in an extraordinary gesture of solidarity promised to employ again all it's workers that enlisted in overseas war service, once they returned. True to their word, 7 years later when he was de-mobbed in 1946 his job with Mobil was available, and he worked for them until his retirement. There after my mother always made a point to go to a Mobil gas station, she was a customer for life. I wonder if we will see today's big business showing such corporate loyalty to workers laid off during today's battle with Covid 19?

Love the war horse ads Rick.

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    My grandfather was a tanker driver for Mobil (also known as Vacuum oil) in New Zealand in the 1930's. When war was declared in 1939 the company, in an extraordinary gesture of solidarity promised to employ again all it's workers that enlisted in overseas war service, once they returned. True to their word, 7 years later when he was de-mobbed in 1946 his job with Mobil was available, and he worked for them until his retirement. There after my mother always made a point to go to a Mobil gas station, she was a customer for life. I wonder if we will see today's big business showing such corporate loyalty to workers laid off during today's battle with Covid 19?

Love the war horse ads Rick.
    Thats awesome to hear mate , I doubt it would happen these days with big businesses.
    Glad you like , I love the artwork on these ads , Many companies used to commission a set of ads to certain artists.
    These are what I used to love to collect in the pre Internet and digital anyone can copy days.
    Ive a whole library of WW2 ads sitting in the dark in a wardrobe .
    Each has its own acid free plastic sleeve and they store well over time as long as they are not exposed to sunlight.

?

Here is some of the later WW2 set , they are not painted types but use photos.
    They are pretty cool as well , I made them small but full size so you can see.
    Hope you like
    Cheers Rick

Love the Jeepy one's Rick Mate!

BTW I made my 1st evilbay sale! Cheers for that.....

Those military equipment ads are really good. Highly collectable.