Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Air Raid Warning Poster

Article about: Hello folks. Picked this one up about a week ago. A police notice that would have been posted at the start of the war in public buildings, such as train stations, to warn civilians of the im

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    That bomb you have will come in handy for the display!
    Still need to find a tail fin for it!

B.B.

Oh, I can't wait until you can put together a Blitz-themed display. That will be great! You mentioned being in the middle of a move and having everything boxed up. I understand that...I'm in a similar situation with my collection being boxed up. I'm itching to be able to get everything out again and display it. Please post pictures when you eventually are able to unbox everything again.

I've always been fascinated by the British Homefront because of my grandmother living through it, and all the stories she's told me. Living in the States, I never find anything like that for sale (or haven't yet, at least), but I'd love to start collecting some of it.

Once we're through with the move and everything's set up again, I'll be posting the obligatory 'new collection room' thread.

Honestly, the best place to look for British Home Front militaria is UK eBay. About ninety percent of my collection of Home Front stuff has come from there. Assuming you can find a UK seller willing to post to the States, that is!

B.B.

That used to mine ! I framed it ! where did you pick it up ?

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    That used to mine ! I framed it ! where did you pick it up ?
    Tis a small world! It came from eBay, but it was so long ago now that I can't remember the specific seller. I did try to look up the guy's location, but the listing is long gone now, unfortunately.

B.B.

Think it was back in 2019, I was in-between contracts. That's red acid free paper behind by the way

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2