Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Air Raid Warning Poster

Article about: Hello folks. Picked this one up about a week ago. A police notice that would have been posted at the start of the war in public buildings, such as train stations, to warn civilians of the im

Default Air Raid Warning Poster

Hello folks.

Picked this one up about a week ago. A police notice that would have been posted at the start of the war in public buildings, such as train stations, to warn civilians of the importance of maintaining blackout conditions. It is a rather large poster, measuring approximately 57x44cm. It has been framed fairly recently, presumably by a previous collector owner.

I've had reprints of wartime propaganda posters all over my walls for ages. It'll be fun to start replacing them with a few real ones!

Air Raid Warning PosterAir Raid Warning Poster

Regards, B.B.

Really nice, B.B.
    Congrats.

Santi

Thanks. It was a lucky find, especially for what it cost me. WWII-era propaganda posters are rare survivors, and they tend to cost an arm and a leg whenever they do come up for sale.

B.B.

Very nice piece of history. Thank you for preserving and sharing.
    John

That's really nice! Good find! That will look good hanging up. I appreciate you sharing it with us.

-Robyn

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Very nice piece of history. Thank you for preserving and sharing.
    John
    I think the credit for preservation goes to whoever had the forethought to put it in a frame!

B.B.

Quote by LoyalHistorian View Post
    That's really nice! Good find! That will look good hanging up. I appreciate you sharing it with us.

-Robyn
    It's packed up in a spare room at the moment, along with most of the rest of my collection. (Currently in the middle of a house move). I look forward to being able to display it properly.

B.B.

That’s very cool Brodie. Would look cool next to a tube station sign and wardens helmet hanging beside it. I find items connected with the Blitz interesting and something I’d like to persue further at some point.

Andy

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    That’s very cool Brodie. Would look cool next to a tube station sign and wardens helmet hanging beside it. I find items connected with the Blitz interesting and something I’d like to persue further at some point.

Andy
    The Home Front has always been one of my collecting focuses. These things were used 'right outside my door', as opposed to some battlefield miles away in another country. I've got some ideas for a Blitz-themed display, and will be putting it together once I'm in a new room with more space.

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    The Home Front has always been one of my collecting focuses. These things were used 'right outside my door', as opposed to some battlefield miles away in another country. I've got some ideas for a Blitz-themed display, and will be putting it together once I'm in a new room with more space.

B.B.
    That bomb you have will come in handy for the display!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast