Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

American poster

Article about: Hi guys I’m pretty new to collecting. I had put an ad on on my local Craigslist looking to by and kind of ww2 memorabilia and today I had someone respond looking to sell some US propaganda

Default American poster

Hi guys I’m pretty new to collecting. I had put an ad on on my local Craigslist looking to by and kind of ww2 memorabilia and today I had someone respond looking to sell some US propaganda posters. One of them did catch my attention that I like a lot. I was hopi g if anyone could take a look at a picture of it and give me an idea on authenticity. I know it’s only one picture and he sent me it through email and I don’t how difficult it would be to tell but I figure I’d give it a shot. Any help would be appreciated!American poster

MAP
    ?

A classic poster.

Can you not download the photo and then upload it from your phone instead of a screen grab? this can not be expanded and difficult to make out any details

Here is a tutorial

Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Ok thanks I’ll try and give it a shot. I know it’s a Norman Rockwell poster but my eye isn’t good enough to tell if it’s a reprint or period poster. But I’ll try to get a better photo

Lol I figured it out it was pretty easy. This should be a lot better picture. I’m still learning but I think due to how the edge of the paper looks I think it’s authentic or at least really old
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture American poster  

MAP
    ?

I don't collect paper items but from what I can see, this stands a good chance. Condition is only OK. It has a tear and water staining plus it has been folded. But if properly framed it will display very well. This is one of my favorite posters.

There is a lot to take into account where an in hand evaluation is so helpful. The feel and weight of the paper being one. As well as looking for foxing (spotting) on the paper (often need a magnifying glass).
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Seeing the way it is folded is a good thing . These were all folded and mailed .

It should measure approximately 40" x 28 1/2".