Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Army Cadet Pictures circa 1946

Article about: Here are some pictures from the estate of Captain Harman of the 4th Cadet Batt The Queens Royal Regiment. I cannot say if all the pictures are of the Cadets from the 4th Battalion as some pi

Default Army Cadet Pictures circa 1946

Here are some pictures from the estate of Captain Harman of the 4th Cadet Batt The Queens Royal Regiment. I cannot say if all the pictures are of the Cadets from the 4th Battalion as some pictures are from larger meetings. I believe the 4th Battalion D Company was based in Haslemere.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army Cadet Pictures circa 1946   Army Cadet Pictures circa 1946  

Army Cadet Pictures circa 1946   Army Cadet Pictures circa 1946  

Army Cadet Pictures circa 1946  

?

Some great professional-looking photos there. Love the bridge scene, with smoke too!

Oz.

I am glad you like the pictures, I thought they were quite interesting. The kit inspection shows the Cadets with the leather water bottle harness and the small packs look like signals Satchels.

A few notes from the backs of some pictures.

The Kit inspection is being performed by General Sir Oliver Leese, GOC Eastern Command.
    Cadet Camp Firle Park, Near Lewes. The camp is composed of Cadets from Cambridgeshire, Isleof Ely, and Hertfordshire.

The Boxing is the 4th Cadet Batt, Queens Royal Regiment at Rew Street ACF Camp, Isle of Wight.

The March Past is at an Inter Battalion Athletic Championship meeting at Imber Court, Thames Ditton Surrey.
    Brigadier General Wallace wright VC, CB,CMG,DSO is taking the salute.

The school cadets are packing P14 rifles-long and heavy for a kid to carry!-Some of the pics are adult soldiers with Mk IV helmets and No. 4 rifles.

?

I zoomed in on the kit inspection. The mugs look shorter and wider than the standard enamel mugs?

Oz.