Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Award for Careless Talk" poster

Article about: Nice, original piece I picked up at auction today. Sizing 37 x 28 1/2 in., (94 x 72.5 cm.), which is a bit bigger than some other examples I've found in archives online. "Award for Care

Default "Award for Careless Talk" poster

Nice, original piece I picked up at auction today. Sizing 37 x 28 1/2 in., (94 x 72.5 cm.), which is a bit bigger than some other examples I've found in archives online. "Award for Careless Talk" created by Stevan Dohanos (American, 1907–1995). Feedback welcome!

"Award for Careless Talk" poster"Award for Careless Talk" poster"Award for Careless Talk" poster

?

Cool

There are a few work colleagues that I could present that to.

Really but poignant poster. Very nice.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Ah, nice one! That is one of the posters on my "Wish List" for my collection. When I went through my poster-collecting-obsession, that one was usually popular when put up on bidding sites. The edges look a little roughed-up, but I'm sure it will look real nice framed.

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Really but poignant poster. Very nice.

Marty
    Thanks Marty!

Quote by LoyalHistorian View Post
    Ah, nice one! That is one of the posters on my "Wish List" for my collection. When I went through my poster-collecting-obsession, that one was usually popular when put up on bidding sites. The edges look a little roughed-up, but I'm sure it will look real nice framed.
    Yes, I have been eyeing this one for awhile but they rarely seem to come up for private or auction sale. There were a couple others I had my eye on but there's some other sales upcoming so trying to watch my spend. I'm not big into posters but I thought one would help break up the room. I ended up and paid $150 for this one through Helios auctions yesterday. Yeah, saw the edges but they probably won't be seen when framed anyway. Here's the link to the catalog if you were curious, lots of Soviet and German paper items. Bidspirit - Online auctions in the USA

A wonderful find! Propaganda posters of any sort are difficult to locate. Not only is it an original, it's in fantastic shape to boot. Congratulations!

I guess I'll have to make do with my modern reprint!

B.B.

Sorry, please don't think I wasn't trying to knock your purchase by saying the edges were rough...just meant to point out that it won't show in a frame so it shouldn't matter too much. I still think that was a good price. I would have bought it for that price! Thanks for the link...I'm going to browse through it. Oh temptation! I should be watching how much I spend right now...I've bought a lot of propaganda leaflets this month. Too much more right now, and my husband might revolt, haha.

A very desirable poster!

Not something you come across every day

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

you couldn't use it today--not politically correct!!!

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    A wonderful find! Propaganda posters of any sort are difficult to locate. Not only is it an original, it's in fantastic shape to boot. Congratulations!

I guess I'll have to make do with my modern reprint!

B.B.
    I'm sure it looks excellent!

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    A very desirable poster!

Not something you come across every day

Nick
    Thanks Nick!

Quote by LoyalHistorian View Post
    Sorry, please don't think I wasn't trying to knock your purchase by saying the edges were rough...just meant to point out that it won't show in a frame so it shouldn't matter too much. I still think that was a good price. I would have bought it for that price! Thanks for the link...I'm going to browse through it. Oh temptation! I should be watching how much I spend right now...I've bought a lot of propaganda leaflets this month. Too much more right now, and my husband might revolt, haha.
    Oh I didn't think you were knocking it! I did notice a minor tear in the upper right, but since I'm going to get it linen backed to remove the wrinkles it shouldn't be a huge deal. There were definitely a few other lookers in that auction I would have liked!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast