Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

D Day Map of Normandy

Article about: WW2 British May 1944 Map of the D - Day Normandy Beaches Marked Defences Ryes. Issued example with some pencilled markings, including Omaha and Gold Beaches. Size 71cm x 54cm. Marked Secret

Default D Day Map of Normandy

WW2 British May 1944 Map of the D - Day Normandy Beaches Marked Defences Ryes. Issued example with some pencilled markings, including Omaha and Gold Beaches. Size 71cm x 54cm. Marked Secret and Top Secret.

Coming up for sale at Bamfords on March 12th
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture D Day Map of Normandy  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A few details.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture D Day Map of Normandy   D Day Map of Normandy  

D Day Map of Normandy   D Day Map of Normandy  

D Day Map of Normandy  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Considering the panic over the Telegraph crosswords during May 1944, I'm amazed that this was not printed on self destructing paper!!!! ....... It almost gives it All away!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Amazing item Ade!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Excellent original , this is the landing area and part of the D+ Advance area of British 50th TT Infantry Division with attached 8th Armoured Brigade , western part of British 2nd Army linking to the west with the US Big red One landing on the eastern part of Omaha. , 50 Div was the most combat experienced unit to land on D Day .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Here is a link to the sale:

WW2 British May 1944 Map of the D - Day Normandy Beaches Marked Defences Ryes. Sheet 37/18 SW. Issue

Added some of Paul's info to the lot