Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

help on this funny item ??? what was is it used for

Article about: help on this all info please good or bad , big thanks

Default help on this funny item ??? what was is it used for

help on this all info please good or bad , big thanks Attachment 1402687

Its some type of translation paperwork. The English writing is British English not US.

MAP
    ?

Interesting. It's cloth. Correct?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks handkerchief size to me....possibly similar principle as the cloth escape maps..screw it up, throw it in the pocket and it’s there if needed and will probably last longer than a paper version????

Whoever did it clearly didn’t think about pronunciation.......the words may be correct but give them to someone who’s never spoken a foriegn language before and you’re in trouble. This all assumes it IS cloth

It would seem to be military oriented because of the words in the section titled "Commands" yet those same words and phrases would be of little if any use to a POW or evader so I don't think it is E&E or survival related.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 04-19-2020 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Agreed. I guess the clue might be in the actual countries....Brit, French & German....and as you say Mark, the inclusion of “parade” words is odd for a combat environment......it’s unlikely that a Brit Tommy is gonna want to scream “should-er harms” at Mg42 emplacement. Could it be Post War working-together kinda crib sheet???

Unfortunately the poster hasn’t included their location or where it was sourced.....that might give us clues

Phony war period? part air crew set or table cloth dinner set bit?

Probably just an extension of the phrase books issued to British occupying forces at wars end, a cloth is much easier to carry than a phrase book.

It’s not like anything that I have seen created by Mi9 during WW2. It could possible date from WW1 or be a souvenir piece from that period

It is cloth. Correct

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast